• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thank you for the add. Theraphosidae question

AtomApple

Thank you all for the add. I've had Tarantulas for about 5 years, Rose hair being my first male. I have two pink toes, a Curley hair, Zebra knee, Mexican Red knee and as of yesterday a Goliath Bird eater. I did a bit of reading on the Goliath, but would appreciate any help on feeding. From what I read crickets worms and a mouse once a month. Does it need to be a live mouse? My Goliath's body is about 3 inches long. Thanks for any help.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome, hope you like it here.

We highly encourage the use of scientific names for spiders as there are so many common names it's easy to get things muddled up.

Personally I don't feed vertebrates, but you can but most folks do maybe one a year vs. month. Plus, the leftover bits stink bad quickly.

There is no reason you can't feed a large spider either larger food items, or several at once. In general, it's better to underfeed than overfeed.

Since this is your first thread, why don't you introduce yourself in the Introductions section and post a few pics of your Ts and enclosures?

Welcome, again!

Latest posts