• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Testing out something

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
Now I put 4 bottle caps (I heard it wasn't dangerous for them) I did this to see what she does to them but so far nothing yet again during the day she has been hiding and coming out at night (normal I would assume) anyways ill post a pic and some other pics of her eating/ cleaning

Yet again I know the tank is massive...she likes it shes eating and exploring and more docile then her last tank
Yet again I know not enough substrate as I said before when I have the money there will be wayyyyyy more sub!

And if u think the whole bottle caps is bad please please tell me I have searched it up and found videos and such and nothing anything harmful so if u had experience please tell me for I do NOT want her HURT

Attachments

• BURP.jpg
    BURP.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
  • feeding.jpg
    feeding.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 31
  • food.jpg
    food.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 29
  • testing.jpg
    testing.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 29

Poec54

3 Year Member
What's dangerous is all the rocks and hard objects around the sides of the cages. Those are spider killers. Terrestrials climb and slip, and their abdomens are soft and can easily rupture. That cage needs a lot more substrate. I use bagged top soil from Home Depot, $1.50/bag. No need to wait and risk the spider's life.

Don't understand what you're trying to do with the bottle caps all over the place.

SpiderSam

3 Year Member
the bottle caps where just to see what she would do to them collect them or burry them or make a tower ..

As I said above I PLAN ON MORE SUB soon just don't have the money ASAP but tomorrow we plan on getting more and when we do we r taking out the rocks thank you for your concern ...

Update on the bottle caps she moved them around and made a "hut" its cute and I do plan on posting it AFTER I fix the tank since I know its in poor condition for the spider.... im sorry if my set up made u mad im still new and im always looking for more help so yes I will fix it up ASAP thank you :D

Latest posts