• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Terrible morning, needing phone suggestions, please.

Tarantulateeth

Hiya everyone,

as the title suggests I've had a really crappy morning. I have two young kids (my eldest is 3 next month, and my youngest is 1). My youngest managed to drop my phone down the toilet (into a clean toilet bowl lol) but now it's broken/waterlogged. I've had it in rice all day (nearly 1600) but it wont even turn on. So, I think I'm going to need to replace it, and I'm looking for suggestions. I don't know very much about phones, but things I'd like are.....

half decent camera (young kids, I'd like to take nice pics)
decent battery life (I work 13hour shifts, I'm not on it lots, but it needs to be able to last me a day)
ability to have removable storage/SD card

if anyone has any ideas where I could start looking even, I'd be super appreciative.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
There are a lot of good phones out there of varying prices. For specific models could you suggest what you want to spend. Also, new, refurbished?

Hopefully those from the UK will chime in, as there likely is some differences here across the pond in the US. Some companies use different parts, such as processor, depending on where you live. Some phones may not be available in different locations.

Google Pixle phones are suppised to be good.

In In the past I have used a Galaxy note, but it really is too big for my hands.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Full disclosure: I am not much of a phone person.

I've got a Motorola G Power. It has great battery life, takes a SD card, the camera is decent and it isn't the most expensive phone out there.

Here is a picture of my T. albopilosus I took with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_201117173.jpg
    IMG_20220626_201117173.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts