• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tell me about your enclosure(s)!

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Setting up my T's enclosure was half the fun of getting her. I have an eye for attractive set-ups, so making her home appealing as well as safe and suitable was a lot of fun.

I pasted cling-wrap depicting a forest-and-river scene to the back and sides of the tank. The hideaway is designed to look like a log with moss growing on it. (Although my T never uses it!) I also put in an artificial plant, which she decided to make her retreat since that's where she hides during the day. Last but not least, her water dish looks like it's made of rock.

I'd love to hear about what you've done to "dress up" your tarantula enclosure(s)! Have a great day. :)

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
This is before I changed the setup, this is like a day after my A.Avic Matured/Molted.

Going to add more substrate as soon as my LP molts. It just sits on the moss all day, it has actually dug out it's hide now in what I believe is preparation for molt.

My new setups for Arboreals that are big enough and or will be big enough. I put 4 inches of substrate in just in case for some reason they want to burrow. Like... say a H.Maculata.

A.Avic is in this one, don't have a picture of him in it.

H.Maculata just after rehouse.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Those are some great set-ups! I'll have to try to get a pic of my enclosure at some point. Thanks for sharing!!!

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I made a simple little enclosure for my juvie avic. Its one of those acrylic storage boxes you can buy at hobby shops, measuring 4"x4"x8". I drilled an assortment of holes in it and then added a small piece of cork bark placed vertically and glued to the side of the enclosure. I then created some leafy climbing structures with some silk plant pieces bought at WalMart and glued to the back corner. I then fashioned a makeshift water bowl out of one of the leaves.
avic01.JPG

avic02.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

Creating the enclosure for my pair of roses was a little more involved. I created a vertical burrow with a piece of cork bark round, added an additional piece of cork bark to each side and gave them each a DIY silk plant pot that I created for them.
roseaxtwo03.JPG

I think i enjoy creating enlcosures for theses animals as much as I love keeping them. :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Wow, ipreventdeath, those are amazing! My favorite is the one you put together for your roses. :)

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Wow, ipreventdeath, those are amazing! My favorite is the one you put together for your roses. :)

Thanks, Sabeth. I think it came out very well. Personally I can't wait to see my avicularia grow up so I can design it's enclosure!