• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tattoo Ink Cups for water dishes

Bazaar

I thought I was the genius, just like everyone else that stumbled upon using tattoo ink cups as sling / juveniles water dishes. There's a lot of messages to post on the use, but I feel that there's needs to be a post announcing this great idea that should be common practice.
20201102_151431.jpg

The cups are so cheap on both Amazon or Ebay or Etsy, all sell for $3-5 for 100
YES you heard it right $0.03 each. No more large bottle caps and worry about drowning. These are just perfect for our tiny slings. The great thing is that these cups are STERILE (they have to be), so ready to use out of the package.
8fa8398a7b85efc0921044162a704f7ee091adb6-14.jpg

Here's two slings enjoying drink of water.
20201102_093010_2.jpg

20201102_093010_3.jpg

The small cup is safe enough for 1/4" slings to not drown. I've seen a couple of the slings booty up for hours. I think its like babies falling asleep at the dinner table, and if this is the case then good enough for me.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I thought I was the genius, just like everyone else that stumbled upon using tattoo ink cups as sling / juveniles water dishes. There's a lot of messages to post on the use, but I feel that there's needs to be a post announcing this great idea that should be common practice.
View attachment 51208
YES you heard it right $0.03 each. No more large bottle caps and worry about drowning. These are just perfect for our tiny slings. The great thing is that these cups are STERILE (they have to be), so ready to use out of the package.
View attachment 51209
View attachment 51210
View attachment 51211
The small cup is safe enough for 1/4" slings to not drown. I've seen a couple of the slings booty up for hours. I think its like babies falling asleep at the dinner table, and if this is the case then good enough for me.
been using these for years :)
Another one which is even smaller for the real dots in our collection are the cupboard/shelf "blanking" caps that are used to mask the pre drilled holes you get in all the flat pack these days.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Thanks so much for this idea! :) I hadn't actually come across it before. For my slings I first used pill capsule holder things but then they leaked. So I got some of the below micro bowls but after a while they would seem to leak too, or soak the water up or something, maybe due to the resin? And went white.

1606781885026.pngThen I tried using apple juice carton caps, but one day I found Saz floating in his :eek: I freaked out and got him out - he thankfully walked off and seemed fine. Not sure if he was just having a calming float, but I have since bought the tattoo ink cups from ebay to use for any slings less than 1/2 inch. They seem to hold the water well so far :)

Gardez

View attachment 51208
View attachment 51209
View attachment 51210
View attachment 51211
Very good idea

Latest posts