• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula's in UAE

Christopher Reid

3 Year Member
Hello from Dubai.

I'm Chris, and I have been thinking of a pet I would like to get that isn't your standard. I have settled on Tarantula's. Living in the UAE there are a lack of websites, so I am hoping some others will be able to provide advice on reputable places within the UAE to purchase tarantulas or else to know what companies I can contact that deliver to the UAE.

My plan so far is to progress from more docile ones to the more hyper new world ones in a order something like this:
- a "starter" new tarantula to get used to manipulating them and raising them
- Avicularia Versicolor "Antilles Pinktoe"
- Haplopelma lividum - "Cobalt blue"
- Pterinochilus murinus - dread OBT

The difficulty again is in reputable stores. There are pet markets but I think they just sell tarantulas without knowing about any of the breeds. If anyone has information on good stores, please let me know!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome!

Look for Grammostola or Brachyperlma as a starter T species. You will be more successful as a first time keeper than starting with the ones on your list. The later two being potentially cranky pet holes

Good luck and post your progress!

Latest posts