• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantulas and insect-repellent

GitaBooks

3 Year Member
Recently, despite treating our pets for fleas regularly, we've had a bad flea out-break. They become resistant to the usual treatments and are all over the house, biting the animals and people.
We had to flea-bomb, but mad sure Ronia, our Chilean Rose-hair, was safe and away from the chemicals. We also use Cedarcide, which is cedar oil, to keep the fleas away. We don't use it in her room (it happened once and I told the family that wasn't safe and moved her to a separate room for a day to let it air out). My question is, could there possibly be any long-term affects from these chemicals, even small amounts, coming in contact with her? Even if they were not used in the same room?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Recently, despite treating our pets for fleas regularly, we've had a bad flea out-break. They become resistant to the usual treatments and are all over the house, biting the animals and people.
We had to flea-bomb, but mad sure Ronia, our Chilean Rose-hair, was safe and away from the chemicals. We also use Cedarcide, which is cedar oil, to keep the fleas away. We don't use it in her room (it happened once and I told the family that wasn't safe and moved her to a separate room for a day to let it air out). My question is, could there possibly be any long-term affects from these chemicals, even small amounts, coming in contact with her? Even if they were not used in the same room?

It's believe insecticides and cedar oil (natural insect repellent) can cause DKS. But since nobody knows squat about DKS, there's nothing proven.

Latest posts