• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula progress

lews r.a.d

Hello all, just thought I’d update you on my

Cyriopagopus doriae and it’s progression into it’s settling down to its new enclosure. As some of you may know I was worried about my tarantula as it wasn’t moving but it seems to be making progress! As you will see from the photos he/she has started to make a burrow at the front of the tank however yes this being good progress, there isn’t enough substrate for her at the front of the tank so i suspect she will probably move or web up a lot but that’s fine with me. What I wanted to ask is he/she’s abdomen has been quite small but I was advised against feeding g or maintenance until it’s settled down a bit. I was wondering with the construction of its starter burrow whether it would be the right time now to at feeding or should I wait even longer until she has fully built her home?​

Thankyou for the support

lewis
BD68CFA2-F47A-46F4-86ED-138108BEECB3.jpeg
F3454220-316E-4658-92B3-2DBA15B26BB0.jpeg
134C4BE1-3F9E-4610-B278-C5F72E1F7B9D.jpeg

TokeHound

You can always try to feed it, the worst that'll happen is it won't take the food. Just try, and if it doesn't eat, wait few more days or a week :) That's what I would do anyway... But I'm no expert or nothing

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Put it in a fossorial enclosure, C doriae is an obligate burrower

Latest posts