• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Not Eating

AnOriginalName

3 Year Member
My Pink Toe tarantula recently finished molting a few weeks ago and he hasn’t eaten any crickets yet. How long does it usually take them to eat after molting?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Adult, juvenile, or sling???
My adult waits 3 weeks or so.
My juvenile about 2 weeks.
My slings wait about a week or week and a half.

Pictures of the T and the enclosure could help determine if theres another problem.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Try different feeder insects, crickets are gross Lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AnOriginalName

3 Year Member
It’s an adult male. He’s gone a few months without eating before, but I don’t think he’s gone this long after molting. He’s been staying in his web in the upper left corner of his enclosure ever since he finished molting. I can send a picture if you like. Also, what other types of feeder insects would you suggest?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few of my males have a hard time killing prey after maturing. Probably because of their new pedipalps. They fumble around until the prey gets away. I prekill for them and only fed them every 2 weeks. Sometimes they still wont eat. Dehydration is more of a problem with mature males. I give them a extra water dish and top them off daily.

Latest posts