• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula intro

Aliallaie

Hello I’m Ali. I have kept tarantulas for over 2 years now but unfortunately I have never been successful in having them grow into adulthood. currently I have a Brazilian striped knee and a Salmon Pink Birdeater. Both are almost a year old and both were slings when I bought them. Now both are juveniles. I’m looking forward to them to grow. If anyone here has some tips they could share with me about these species that’ll be great. Thank you.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, I'm guessing the species you are referring to are Acanthoscurria geniculata (I may be wrong on this one) and Lasiadora parahybana?

Aliallaie

What other species have you kept and lost, and what were their conditions?
I had the same Brazilian white knee. It reached juvenile stage and died. I never figured out why it died. He was curled up but was not on his back or anything. i Had one I got from the pet store he sustained injury and died.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the forum. it would be useful if you share some pics if your enclosures as that may help identify any potential issues further down the line. An absolute must is an open water dish, cross ventilation in the enclosure and decent substrate (coco fibre is best) and it should not be too damp. Hope that helps a little :)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had the same Brazilian white knee. It reached juvenile stage and died. I never figured out why it died. He was curled up but was not on his back or anything. i Had one I got from the pet store he sustained injury and died.

Perhaps you'll have better luck moving forward.

Welcome to the forum !

Latest posts