• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula cribs

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm about put large order in for t cribs is it worth it

Depends on how many tarantulas you're gonna order. Are you looking to purchase a lot of species? If so, I would recommend it. Make sure you place your order for setups before ordering your tarantulas. Sometimes if you do it at the same time, the tarantulas get there before the enclosures do and you have nowhere to put them.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Tarantula Cribs are very good as are those from Herp Cult. I have probably bought more of the Herp Cult as they seem to regularly be in stock.

Tn tarantula

Depends on how many tarantulas you're gonna order. Are you looking to purchase a lot of species? If so, I would recommend it. Make sure you place your order for setups before ordering your tarantulas. Sometimes if you do it at the same time, the tarantulas get there before the enclosures do and you have nowhere to put them.
Yes I'll be ordering about twelve t's

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Tarantula Cribs are very good as are those from Herp Cult. I have probably bought more of the Herp Cult as they seem to regularly be in stock.
I have had issues with Herpcult and spoke to a few dealers that have had to deal with lots of returns. The seams were coming apart. It was a glue issue pertaining to a couple different sizes. Personally, the only issue I had, was a magnet coming off.

TCribs look super nice but yiu definitely pay for it. Great workmanship. I actually use glass for my forever homes. Exos are nice and what I use but I wished we here in the states had the selection that Europe has.....

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I have had issues with Herpcult and spoke to a few dealers that have had to deal with lots of returns. The seams were coming apart. It was a glue issue pertaining to a couple different sizes. Personally, the only issue I had, was a magnet coming off.

TCribs look super nice but yiu definitely pay for it. Great workmanship. I actually use glass for my forever homes. Exos are nice and what I use but I wished we here in the states had the selection that Europe has.....

I have not had the glue problem. My only real issue is my fault. I don't always clean where the lid slides in and I have noticed some scratches and scrapes on the lid.

Glass is good, but too heavy for what I need. I also like the cross ventilation, which would be beyond my capabilities. I am planning on rehousing one of my G. pulchra from a low glass tank as she has spent much of the last month at the top of the tank. I think with this humidity it ma be too stuffy.

phidippusRex

I've got about a dozen various Tarantula Crib models, and I have to say these are the nicest I've ever owned. I have some HerpCult cubes too, and while they are decent, they fail to be comparable in quality. I find the heft, clarity and fit of pieces superior to anything else out there. They don't give them away, but if you have the loot, do it. These are investment grade.

Tn tarantula

I've got about a dozen various Tarantula Crib models, and I have to say these are the nicest I've ever owned. I have some HerpCult cubes too, and while they are decent, they fail to be comparable in quality. I find the heft, clarity and fit of pieces superior to anything else out there. They don't give them away, but if you have the loot, do it. These are investment grade.
Yeah I'm going with the tarantula cribs with the bio dude substrate

fallonzoey

I've always found shipping to be pretty quick & theybpackage well at tarantula cribs as well. I had a box come extremely dented & my order was flawless. Tarantula cribs gives back to the community too by sponsoring events, content creators, & hiring people in the hobby to do their advertisement material.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
I think other Youtubers also have discounts. Kat10 supports the Tarantula Kat YouTube channel.

Counselor

3 Year Member
We especially love their sling enclosures. We mainly buy these and when they have outgrown them we move the T into one of the 4" or 6" enclosures my daughter and I make. We started this hobby before TCribs and she did not like mismatched enclosures so I taught myself to plastic weld and she designed what she wanted. We contract with a local acrylic supplier to cut the pieces for us and we do the assembly. Was a pretty amazing process to engage in with the then 9 YO. All that said, TCribs are what we use when we do not have open enclosures of our own design.