• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Club, any problems?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Are there any problems with Tarantula Club? I was on earlier today & was able to edit, so assume it was there. But came on a few hours ago & my membership has dropped of my profile. I assumed I simply needed to renew. The payment has gone through on ebay. But still no Tarantula Club showing up on my profile.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Sometimes Paypal (i think you meant paypal instead of ebay?) doesn't immediately report payment, if that happens DM me and I'll manually approve you. You should be all set now!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sometimes Paypal (i think you meant paypal instead of ebay?) doesn't immediately report payment, if that happens DM me and I'll manually approve you. You should be all set now!

Tarantula Club is there again this morning. Thank you. And yes, sorry, I meant paypal.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I love being a part of the Tarantula Forum Family as I have been here for over 5 years. Of course periodically there may be disagreements and disputes, however rather than a dispute being carried on and potentially ruining the reputation of vendors on here, as well as causing some members to resign, and depart, I believe there should be a more close and thorough monitoring of each and every thread. The moderators on here do a great job, but there has been several instances of disputes that were improperly addressed and handled, especially with these disputes being on vendor review threads, as well as the marketplace. I have known some wonderful people on here that left because of the unnecessary drama that ensued. New and more strict policies should be enforced to prevent any further disruption in the forum. Thank you kindly :)

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I love being a part of the Tarantula Forum Family as I have been here for over 5 years. Of course periodically there may be disagreements and disputes, however rather than a dispute being carried on and potentially ruining the reputation of vendors on here, as well as causing some members to resign, and depart, I believe there should be a more close and thorough monitoring of each and every thread. The moderators on here do a great job, but there has been several instances of disputes that were improperly addressed and handled, especially with these disputes being on vendor review threads, as well as the marketplace. I have known some wonderful people on here that left because of the unnecessary drama that ensued. New and more strict policies should be enforced to prevent any further disruption in the forum. Thank you kindly :)
Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I'm the first to admit I know absolutely nothing about spiders. My job here is mainly going after spammers. I sign in to the Forum every morning, and give each new post a cursory going over, but because I can't give out advice I do a lot of skimming. It would help me a lot if you all would use the report button. That way all the moderators, including me, can take an in depth look at the threads that bother you.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I appreciate the reply and yes, in the past I have warned those who were causing issues that I would report them to the moderator, as soon as I warned them it's either they stop the conversation or the thread just dies down. @Yvonne G I appreciate your honesty and your dedication to filtering and skimming for spammers, but it would help if you were to get educated on Tarantulas and Spiders because most of the drama comes from transactions on the marketplace and it would give you more understanding in the aspect of these vendors if you knew genus, species, and the prices of them thereof. @Josh yes, we do need more moderators and I agree to nominate new ones under cautious and careful consideration. Thank you both so much.

Latest posts