• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Burger

yeahhtrue

3 Year Member
This story has been making the rounds lately...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...r-garnished-chargrilled-tarantuala/527328002/

They say it's a "zebra tarantula", but that didn't look like an A. seemani, so I did some googling and found a place selling "canned zebra tarantula" which lists the ingredients as Haplopelma albostriatum aka the Thai Zebra Tarantula.

I was wondering if this restaurant was getting in a shipment of live tarantulas and killing them or throwing them live into an oven, but now I'm thinking they might just be ordering the canned ones? Either way, weird.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
My wife showed me this the other day.

Strange, yes. If I were somewhere in Asia where tarantulas are a staple I’d absolutely give it a try. After all meat is meat and sustenance is sustenance. Am I going to take some stupid tarantula burger challenge? Nope.

ALD

3 Year Member
Ugh. Yes. This has been going around. I can't look at it. To each their own. It's not for me. That's for sure.

Latest posts