• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tapinauchenius violaceus

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Same setup and care as the Gigas tbh. Enn will be able to give more information when she’s on tommorrow as she had an adult (recently lost unfortunately) and we only have a 2.5” sling

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Same setup and care as the Gigas tbh. Enn will be able to give more information when she’s on tommorrow as she had an adult (recently lost unfortunately) and we only have a 2.5” sling
Thanks for your reply.
I'm looking at a sling/juvie locally that the LPS wants to get rid of (no takers for months) roughly the same size as yours, 2.5-3"

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Anyone keeping this sp?

As @Rs50matt said I lost my female last week. She was easy to keep, yes she could be very fast but much calmer as she grew.
I kept her in an arboreal container the same size as the ExoTerra Nano with dry sub just overflowing the water bowl occasionally. Yours should be fine to go straight into that size container.
She was almost always on show and a great feeder.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As @Rs50matt said I lost my female last week. She was easy to keep, yes she could be very fast but much calmer as she grew.
I kept her in an arboreal container the same size as the ExoTerra Nano with dry sub just overflowing the water bowl occasionally. Yours should be fine to go straight into that size container.
She was almost always on show and a great feeder.
So sorry for you loss :(
I've got one of those nano talked almost ready, I just need to finalize the decor.
Do you have a pic of your setup, for inspiration?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So sorry for you loss :(
I've got one of those nano talked almost ready, I just need to finalize the decor.
Do you have a pic of your setup, for inspiration?

This was how I set it up
DSCF6193 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
French cuyanese purple tree.?the fastest tarantula.us$25.00 Kevin Cline.

I think you mean French Guyanese Purple Tree Spider as they originate in Guyana. I'm sure you can't blame spell checker for that mistake.
The T. gigas is faster.

Last edited:

Soulman

I think you mean French Guyanese Purple Tree Spider as they originate in Guyana. I'm sure you can't blame spell checker for that mistake.
The T. gigas is faster.
So it changed the first letter I thought it was wrong.It's All So underlined yours in red!And how ....... Rude or should you like me to spell it out for you.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So it changed the first letter I thought it was wrong.It's All So underlined yours in red!And how ....... Rude or should you like me to spell it out for you.

I was not being rude. What you need to remember is that people come to this forum for advice and you gave incorrect information so I just gave the correct info.

Soulman

I was not being rude. What you need to remember is that people come to this forum for advice and you gave incorrect information so I just gave the correct info.
Maybe the info was wrong,maybe I learned something!let's not take it away from the thread in hand.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks like this Tapi has started redecorating, there's a bunch of new webbing and substrate kicked up into the highest bit... need to rehouse it today.

I have a gallon jug setup for a non-avic arboreal - would I be better off with that or a nano tall?
Also, should I put moss behind the leaning cork bark or nah?

Latest posts