• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tailess whip scorpions help?

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Does anyone have any experience with these little guys? I lost both of mine while they were molting.
I'd like to try again because they are really cool, bit I know I must have been doing something wrong :(
Help?

Spidershed

3 Year Member
I've only kept these for a few months and found that they need lots and lots of room to moult in and high humidity.

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Well, they had tons of room. So ot must have been the humidity. Daily misting must not be enough. How do you keep your setup humid?

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
Keep half of the substrate damp and the other half dry. They appreciate leaf litter and lots of climbing areas like logs and rocks. Avoid lights if possble as they are generally found near and inside caves. Temps should be cooler as to simulate cave conditions.

Also, don't expect them to live too long. They usually last about a couple of years in captivity if you already got them as adults.

Latest posts