• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T vagans , male or female ?

Pog mo thoin

Can you guys help me sex this t vagans ,I'm thinking it's male

Attachments

• 15954534676942851037995063765722.jpg
    15954534676942851037995063765722.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think I see spermatheca.....but I've been wrong when it comes to "male" sex organs looking similar to them....let the molt completely dry. Then take a pic of it. I'm thinking thats looking more like male sex organs....

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think I see spermatheca.....but I've been wrong when it comes to "male" sex organs looking similar to them....let the molt completely dry. Then take a pic of it. I'm thinking thats looking more like male sex organs....
Good advice :) I can't zoom in on the pic so from what I could see it looked male will be better for the OP if I'm wrong :)

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
T. vagans.jpg

Male accessory organs circled in red. These are very prominent in vagans and often get mistaken for spermathecae by anyone not also looking for a uterus externus and bursa copulatrix. T. vagans also have fused spermathecae so there would not be 2 seperate structures as above.

T. vagans spermathecae
100_2478.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
View attachment 47932

Male accessory organs circled in red. These are very prominent in vagans and often get mistaken for spermathecae by anyone not also looking for a uterus externus and bursa copulatrix. T. vagans also have fused spermathecae so there would not be 2 seperate structures as above.

T. vagans spermathecae
100_2478.jpg

I was thinking there was a flap between the two thingies.....lol.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@plessey :. Obviously you are T-wise. Question:. How are you able to draw on photos--in color, nonetheless??? That is a cool trick. Care to share?

You just edit your photo. Click it in your gallery. This opens the photo up. At the bottom you will see different icons. Mine is a pencil icon. I click on it and it gives me more options to draw, paint, expand, etc. the photo. Different phones may have different icons on them. Mine is the galaxy S10+. Not sure what phone you have but it may be a bit different than mine as far as editing options go.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was thinking there was a flap between the two thingies.....lol.
The uterus externus would lay on top of the 2 structures rather than inbetween them if it was female. Also if you look below the gonoslit line there would be a semi circular indentation (looks like a smiley mouth) which would be the bursa copulatrix. However, since the spider is male the skin below the gonoslit is flat.

So he's definitely a male ?
Yes.

@plessey :. Obviously you are T-wise. Question:. How are you able to draw on photos--in color, nonetheless??? That is a cool trick. Care to share?
I just use good old Microsoft Paint on my laptop to draw on photos.