• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. Vagans Feeding

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could not watch it..not loading.
It's a .mov file, which was attached and not inserted into the post, so it will want to download.
I scanned it for malware, watched it and reattached it here.

The spider appears to be pre-molt, bald butt?

Also enclosure appears to have too little substrate but that seems to be limited by the slits in the sides. Not a great tank as feeders can escape...

NOT MY VIDEO, belongs to OP

Last edited:

8LeggedPreds

It's a .mov file, which was attached and not inserted into the post, so it will want to download.

Also enclosure appears to have too little substrate but that seems to be limited by the slits in the sides. Not a great tank as feeders can escape...

View attachment 46968
Thank you for reloading the video! First time trying to post a video on here, so not sure what went wrong. Yes, I believe she’s in pre-molt. There’s actually about 3 inches of substrate, but you can’t tell in the video. Feeder is B. Lateralis, and they can’t climb glass or acrylic.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm aware. But trust me, if there's a way to get out it will happen. You don't want a loose roach on the run in your place.

Substrate level should be set to limit free height of enclosure to 1.5-2x the DLS of the T. Your substrate level is too low. @Casey K. can explain it better lol

8LeggedPreds

I'm aware. But trust me, if there's a way to get out it will happen. You don't want a loose roach on the run in your place.

Substrate level should be set to limit free height of enclosure to 1.5-2x the DLS of the T. Your substrate level is too low. @Casey K. can explain it better lol

When feeding, I’m not the type to leave a feeder in the enclosure like a lot of people. If the Tarantula doesn’t immediately take it, then I remove it and try again later when I know it’s hungry. So no escaping under my watch lol.

As far as the substrate, the amount I have in there makes for precisely 1.5-2x DLS, if not less.

Trust me, I’ve do more research than most prior setting up enclosures. And this is actually my second go round for keeping T’s.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Thank you very much! Watched it and liked the quick catch! :)

Latest posts