• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T suggestions?

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Im looking at getting afew new Ts and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Ive got a couple that ive decided on getting, and a couple im considering. I really want the following...
L.parahybana
A.geniculata
Male p.regalis
A.metallica
Im considering the following...
A.avic
B.emilia
Obt
P.sazimai

Does anyone have any other suggestions and if so why? [emoji2]

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I'd start with all of them and go from there :D

That looks like a good list. What do you like in a tarantula? Color? Size? Attitude? Interesting behavior? Help us narrow it down.
I would quite happily have them all but i dont know if i could convince my missus to let me have them all haha. I like everything about tarantulas, but id probably put size or colour top of the list.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Both of those have a bit of attitude also :) good choices!

However, every collection has to have an A. genic, nothing eats like a genic. ;) Mine upended his hide and almost his water dish chasing a cricket this last feeding.

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I may have to buy the missus an expensive gift in return for afew extra Ts haha. The first spider i ever owned, when i was younger, was an a.genic but unfortuntaly it didnt live long as i had been misinformed on how to keep them by the pet shop id bought it from. I saw a sub adult female when i went to buy my male t.stirmi and she was gorgeous. I love feeding time, especially my stirmis and gbb [emoji2]

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Well today i bought my missus a new phone and then convinced her i needed 4 new Ts haha, so ive placed my order with the spider shop before she changed her mind [emoji2]
Ive ended up with an adult female a.metallica, a sub adult unsexed a.geniculata, an lp approx 4cm and an a.braunshauseni approx 2cm [emoji13] now just got to wait for delivery, i hate this part but at the same time its exciting lol. I will post pics when they arrive, hopefully friday.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well today i bought my missus a new phone and then convinced her i needed 4 new Ts haha, so ive placed my order with the spider shop before she changed her mind [emoji2]
Ive ended up with an adult female a.metallica, a sub adult unsexed a.geniculata, an lp approx 4cm and an a.braunshauseni approx 2cm [emoji13] now just got to wait for delivery, i hate this part but at the same time its exciting lol. I will post pics when they arrive, hopefully friday.
Lol you sneaky wonderful fellow! Sounds great make sure and share pictures. :p

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Excellent choices. I adore the genics. My big girl is my fave (ssshhh.....dont tell the others tho they get moody with me).

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol you sneaky wonderful fellow! Sounds great make sure and share pictures. :p
Not to piss on JP87s chips but......I was married and had to keep buying the wife something in exchange for more T's (had 3 at the time) Once it was a diamond ring so it is a slippery slope! Thankfully, I am now separated and have 23 Ts. Yey ☺ oh and a signature that reminds me of the experience everytime I post.....lmao

Latest posts