• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T stirmi that isn't eating

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How often do these guys actually feed? My impression was that they have voracious appetites.

What do they like to eat?

Should I just wait a week and then throw in a couple of roaches or is there more cause for concern? He's exploring the enclosure a bit more which isn't a bad thing. Before that, he was staying in one corner and wouldn't leave it.

I had him for about 4 days.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Update:

I got in touch with the spider person and they said he ate a huge roach on Saturday which was 2 days before I got him.

Hopefully he'll be good to go in a week.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Keeping tarantulas is a lesson in patience. You’ve had him 4 days and have posted a few times about him not eating and not acting right. Give him some time to chill out for a while. T stirmis are definitely good esters but they can go extremely long times without eating just like other species. Patience is your friend.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A little detective work resolved the issue. Hopefully he finds the hide and uses the burrow. I think he'll be happier that way. Now if someone could go over to the what sex is my T section and clarify those ventral shots....