• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. stirmi setup

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Hey :)

So I’ve been working on this bio setup for a T.stirmi. It’s nearly completed— what do you think?

Going to a expo this coming weekend! Eyes open for a T.stirmi. And a nice deep water bowl. :).
126C6F5E-2F14-4241-9723-00C24AC7D160.jpeg
3273B36A-406E-4B2B-A6AA-8BFEFA8650B4.jpeg
FE41841B-5075-4079-BE73-5F0B67FF4F3C.jpeg

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
When can I move in?

Is it bioactive?

Looks amazing! Keep us posted!
Geez, I haven’t even put out the For Rent sign up yet! :D. You’d have to share space w a stirmi AND a storm trooper. …just sayin. I’m

Completely bio active—

Thanks, man — I’ll keep you posted.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Geez, I haven’t even put out the For Rent sign up yet! :D. You’d have to share space w a stirmi AND a storm trooper. …just sayin. I’m

Completely bio active—

Sung to the tune of 'Radioactive' by The Firm

"Cause I'm bioactive, completely bioactive"

Blackdog

Completely bio active—

I worked with a storm trooper from the 501 1st for years so that would be the perfect space for me. Mind you I was envious of guy in Avon, NC living in a shed with a big screen and a recliner!

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Is that the 36x18x12 model ? Beautiful set up as I have 5 Theraphosa coming up and also use bio-active setups for them.

I've been calculating space vs adult enclosure sizes lately, and I'm definitely at capacity.

Do you have a plant list and is that moss live?

Beautiful set up!

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Is that the 36x18x12 model ? Beautiful set up as I have 5 Theraphosa coming up and also use bio-active setups for them.

I've been calculating space vs adult enclosure sizes lately, and I'm definitely at capacity.

Do you have a plant list and is that moss live?

Beautiful set up!
Thank you—:)

Yes, 36x18x12 ExoTerra

Sheet moss, pothos, nerve plant or silver threads, polka dot plant, and English ivy.

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
How long has it been set up? My biggest issue is keeping the moss going....

My plan is to get down to a female of each. I have 2 Blondii slings coming up and 1 juvenile Apophysis and 1 sub adult Apophysis. I actually purchased my Stirmi as a female - sub adult but maybe wild :(. She is doing quite well though.

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
How long has it been set up? My biggest issue is keeping the moss going....

My plan is to get down to a female of each. I have 2 Blondii slings coming up and 1 juvenile Apophysis and 1 sub adult Apophysis. I actually purchased my Stirmi as a female - sub adult but maybe wild :(. She is doing quite well though.
The moss is tricky…. I have grow lights above my tank and that (plus lightly misting) seems to help.

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Yep, I'm actually using Skylights. I may have yet to find the right intensities vs time trick.

Anyway, side tracked. Nice set up and I may shoot you a few specific questions via pm

Latest posts