• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. Stirmi Question

Corrie

Have a very healthy eater! Curious if these little nodules are normal at the very rear of abdomen bottom area? Just noticed it today while videoing a feeding. Using my iPhone for this post if it’s too blurry let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• CA12005C-4772-4D50-94CB-F07030D50AA1.jpeg
    CA12005C-4772-4D50-94CB-F07030D50AA1.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 20
  • B79F0113-07DC-4C4C-8C45-16960ED9ECCE.jpeg
    B79F0113-07DC-4C4C-8C45-16960ED9ECCE.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 21

Craven-Arachnids

Hey all, new here and I'm trying to break into the breeding business. My question is this, I've been receiving mixed info about minimum female size for breeding. I've heard as small as 6.5 I've also heard some say no smaller than 9". my female is right a 8 inches and I've secured a male, is it too soon to breed her? he spermethica are fully hardened and shes no little spider but the male is about 11". is it too soon, will she just refuse the male if shes not ready. im trying to do this right.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey all, new here and I'm trying to break into the breeding business. My question is this, I've been receiving mixed info about minimum female size for breeding. I've heard as small as 6.5 I've also heard some say no smaller than 9". my female is right a 8 inches and I've secured a male, is it too soon to breed her? he spermethica are fully hardened and shes no little spider but the male is about 11". is it too soon, will she just refuse the male if shes not ready. im trying to do this right.

She is more than ready. :) Sometimes, the males will be larger than the females. That's OK, though. She won't refuse him. It's good to breed her between 6 weeks to 3 months after she has molted.

Latest posts