• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T.stirmi MM

reece123

3 Year Member
my t.stirmi moulted 2 days ago and matured. currently at 8.5 inches now. hes still pretty weak but hes doing ok. i was wondering how long i need to wait until i can send him off for mating? thanks

reece123

3 Year Member
hi, yeah i posted him shortly after i made this thread. it was my first packing so i jumped in at the deep end.

he was quite hard to pack the first attempt, the container was a bit on the small side with too much tissue so he managed to flip himself and force his way out and run around on my bed. its surprising how strong these guys are. the second attempt was easy with a bigger container though.

he was actually 9 inches as well lol, and no 8.5 like i thought at first.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I hope you washed your bed sheets afterword or I can imagine there was an itchy night or two sleeping in that bed!

You pack a 9” T the same way you do other Ts, just with a bigger tupperware container.