• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T logs

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, all my Ts have a sheet with who I bought from, date, what instar when they came if I know it and their moults. I also have sheets with all the Ts on that I can put feed dates on so I don't miss anyone.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, all my Ts have a sheet with who I bought from, date, what instar when they came if I know it and their moults. I also have sheets with all the Ts on that I can put feed dates on so I don't miss anyone.
It comes in handy. Specially for feeding. I know who not to feed after a molt or who hasnt eaten in some time.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It doesn't matter too much if you only have a few Ts but when you have a lot plus a bad memory (old age) it becomes a necessity.

Redacted

3 Year Member
I have yet to dabble in mating. But if i do. It will document. Lol.
In retrospect, knowing when and what size the T was when acquired would becuseful. Didn't need to when my collection was small, but it ballooned and I didn't change. However, slings that I've produced get dates of birth.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In retrospect, knowing when and what size the T was when acquired would becuseful. Didn't need to when my collection was small, but it ballooned and I didn't change. However, slings that I've produced get dates of birth.
I started out with the orignal 6. Then 5 when one died some how. I'm used to it with data logging my snakes.

Redacted

3 Year Member
I started out with the orignal 6. Then 5 when one died some how. I'm used to it with data logging my snakes.
So you have a useful system. Minimizes a lot of uncertainties and potential problems. New T owners often not aware if the advantages of keeping relevant records.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use the tarantula app. i never remember to write anything down, but i can easily scroll through options on my phone to record molts, feedings, etc. ;)

For android only so far i believe.

Only bad part is there's now export for the data, unless they've added that in an update since I looked last.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So you have a useful system. Minimizes a lot of uncertainties and potential problems. New T owners often not aware if the advantages of keeping relevant records.
Eating records are mainly to see if there any health concerns. Some of the Ts I own fast some will eat until the day or two before molting. I just like keepin track of that just incase

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use the tarantula app. i never remember to write anything down, but i can easily scroll through options on my phone to record molts, feedings, etc. ;)

For android only so far i believe.

Only bad part is there's now export for the data, unless they've added that in an update since I looked last.
Is that Paul Beckers app?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Pasodama

3 Year Member
I have kept records and feeding logs, for over a decade, for all of my reptiles.
This led me to, naturally, keep logs, for my Ts, as well.

Latest posts