• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. drinking question

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok, so I had a water bottle that I was using to mist Karina's enclosure; however my dog decided that taking it off the shelf and chewing it up was a better use for it. So, I can't get another bottle until Wednesday at the earliest, and she does have a water dish in her tank....will she drink out of the water dish if she has no other option or do I need to be worried that she will get dehydrated?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I do have the top part of my lid 3/4 covered with plastic wrap, but I don't have any condensation in there. I could move her to the bathroom, have a shower and leave her in there....not sure if it would get to warm though? Would she avoid the water dish even if she was thirsty?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If your gonna create condesation the top has to be completely covered.If I remember correctly you have an Exo-Terra? Cover the top completely, and the doors should leave enough ventilation. Not a big deal though, if you want to wait til wednesday.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah I do have an Exo-Terra (she just stays on the front door), so I'll cover the top and get some condensation going (must have read it wrong, long day and my eyes are tired) :) Thanks for the advice!

Latest posts