• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. cupreus, T. violaceus, And Chilobrachys huahini

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am seriously considering getting a few slings of the aforementioned species. What should I know about them besides speed???? I am well aware of how fast they are and the fact that Chilobrachys species prefer deep, moist substrate

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Chilobrachys hides most of the time. You will not see them very often, but they are good looking spiders. I keep mine with real plants.
1599580614698.jpeg

Seekeroftruth

As a sling, my t violacious is out and visible quite a bit although due to its coloring and size, it's hard to spot. Even though it utilizes its whole enclosure, it does not web as much as some other new world arboreals. Because it uses its whole enclosure, i dont have to worry about it not finding moisture if it needs It. Its never tried to bolt from the enclosure, although when i was introducing it into the enclosure, it did jump. It eats well and I have seen it hunt small prey. If I drop a piece of pre killed feeder near it, it attacks and eats it as well. Its a cute little thing and more interesting to watch than others I've found. It actully molted recently. They are one of more most beautiful species I think. They are fast growing too. Other people could have different experiences with theirs. Maybe some one with an adult could chime in. That would be my choice. :)

Latest posts