• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T. alb having a bath

shaun

3 Year Member
Found him sat in the water dish, not sur why..
20220227_193802.jpg

Nurse Ratchet

Mine does that too, a few times a week. Well, now she just sits on her egg sac and rolls it around. I thought they were an arid species, but mine loves her standing in her water dish or sitting at the base of freshly watered plants.

Nurse Ratchet

You really don't know why????
Ok. I'm curious. His looks like it's having a drink. Why does mine just stand next to her dish for hours with a 1 or 2 back feet in it? For extra humidity? Why not just drink or at least stand over it?
You have way more experience and I guess I'm searching the wrong things. (I thought mine was grievously injured or ill when she was only laying eggs, so I obviously am not phrasing some of my searches correctly)
I would love to hear (or read) your thoughts.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok. I'm curious. His looks like it's having a drink. Why does mine just stand next to her dish for hours with a 1 or 2 back feet in it? For extra humidity? Why not just drink or at least stand over it?
You have way more experience and I guess I'm searching the wrong things. (I thought mine was grievously injured or ill when she was only laying eggs, so I obviously am not phrasing some of my searches correctly)
I would love to hear (or read) your thoughts.
His spider is drinking. Tarantulas are waterproof so it can't absorb humidity with its feet. (Check out the surface tension in the photos) A tarantula standing anywhere for a long period of time is not alarming at all and is basic behavior. It just happens to be at that place and that moment. A tarantula with one or two legs in the water is basically the same behavior. However since they hear with the hair on their legs maybe the soundwaves off the water may amplify?
20171105_124004.jpg
20180306_162639.jpg
20181205_100014.jpg
20181222_215747.jpg
20190303_182202.jpg
20220203_150420.jpg
20220128_062504.jpg

Latest posts