• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sunday morning suprise for my G. rosea (Red phase)

tcrave

3 Year Member
on saturday before bed I always check on on my T's I open my G. rosea's enclosure knowing already she was in pre molt because of the dark abdoman and fasting as well as webbing her self in her flower pot. well as i got to looking at the webbing i noticed it was a bit much more webbing than i usually seen for the 22 years i have been in the hobby. (Note that I have only had her or him for 2 or just under 3 months. at 4 inches i have not sexed it yet because i wait to get the molt first before sexing my t's. well so any who i figured something was up with the way the webbing was. well the next morning i wake up to her laying eggs.

tcrave

3 Year Member
so now for my plan. since this is my first time with a sac. Currently I have her at 80 degrees with 65 to 70% humidity. i wet the corner where her water dish lays for added humidity, I dont plan on taking the sac out unless i have to and put in an incubator. i like to have the mother take care till they are ready to be separated.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
One thing I've picked up from some experienced breeders is once a T drops a sac ditch their water dish. I've heard a few reports of people finding sacs in water dishes full of drowned EWL's or 1st instars. Most pull sacs around 30 days and generally they are atleast EWL's by that point if not further along and don't need to be rotated but still need and incubator.

tcrave

3 Year Member
i put a lid with holes in the water dish just for the humidity reasons. and pour water on top from a 1'' screen above in the liid of the enclosure that way i dont bug her

tcrave

3 Year Member
Last night I seen her start to web her self in her pot. along with the sac. as i am guessing she is preparing for the babies to come out in a few weeks.

tcrave

3 Year Member
sad news on the sac. last week during the cold wind storm my home lost power for half the day while i was at work. i got home i got the temp drop to 61. i only lost the sac,