• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Suitable Enclosure Size?

MadsSpiders

3 Year Member
So, I've been looking longingly at the B.hamorii over on The Spider Shop, but want to run it by you lovely people to get an appropriate enclosure for her/him. The site says they're around 5-6cm (2-2.5in if I calculated that correctly) and that they're juvies. I liked the look Exo Terra Breeding Box in medium which is around 302x196x147 and wanted to check that I'm in the right direction with the enclosure size and such.

Many thanks everyone!! :T:

MadsSpiders

3 Year Member

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ohh, those are nice! Price is great too! Do they have your seal of approval lovely? :)

They do. I have a dozen of them and will be buying more. I also use the medium ones as an in between size and for a few dwarf Ts. I buy them without ventilation in and do my own using a hot metal skewer or soldering iron.

One of mine
DSCF1216.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm not the most experienced on enclosures, so thank you for the kind advice! :D

No problem. You learn as you go along.

Another good site for containers, if you want glass is http://spidershop.pl/product-category/terrariums/?lang=en. They make there own terrariums so you can ask them to make whatever size you want and they are so much cheaper than ExoTerra. The glass containers are couriered from Poland to your door arriving on a Saturday, pay the courier for delivery, and as a bonus if you want to order Ts too they come packed inside the container at no extra charge.

Latest posts