• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stuff from the Stan (pic heavy)

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Well, as some of you may know, I'm a Combat Medic in the US Army. I recently got back from Afghanistan and did a lot of "f***ing with the wildlife" while there and felt like sharing some of what I found.

Mesobuthus eupeus. A moderately venomous (3/5) scorpion that is known to cause nearly 100 deaths per year in Afghanistan. It was found at about 8,000ft elevation.
DSC00504.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

A young camel spider.
DSC00411.JPG

A couple well camouflaged lizards.
DSC00497.JPG

DSC00496.JPG

DSC00509.JPG

DSC00510.JPG

This sweet tortoise! No idea what kind.
DSC00537.JPG

I even found some pea****s.
DSC00679.JPG

There are wild dogs all over the place. Some are cute, most are mangy.
DSC00310.JPG

This one was left wild, but followed us everywhere whenever we went to her village. She was awesome! And yes, it snows there... a lot.
DSC00666.JPG

DSC00668.JPG

It grows everywhere!
DSC00251.JPG

DSC00361.JPG

And I mean everywhere! That's a sidewalk in a bazaar...
DSC00253.JPG

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
It depends on what I'm doing. I was deployed with an infantry unit on the Pakistan border. It was rough. Now I'm back and working in the ER of a hospital. All depends on the job.

BossRoss

3 Year Member
Sheesh... That second photo of the "puff puff", as you guys are calling it, is soo green and amazing!!! I would have definitely picked a couple of seeds and had me a nice couple of plants at home...

The uses for :D:D:Dhemp:D:D:D is endless but unfortunately still illegal in South Africa. Hopefully our country will soon follow suit with countries like Uruguay and some states in America.

Latest posts