• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange behavior

BeardKing

Hey all my poe Metallica has literally built a fortress out of webbing and substrate and other then a borrow was wondering why she’s never done it before she’s webbed and made a curtain before but not an entire burrow not alarmed just amazed anyone else experience this with Poe Metallica?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey all my poe Metallica has literally built a fortress out of webbing and substrate and other then a borrow was wondering why she’s never done it before she’s webbed and made a curtain before but not an entire burrow not alarmed just amazed anyone else experience this with Poe Metallica?
Hello bearded fellow,
I have two of them, both in an identical enclosure with identical setup and anchor points and standing next to each other (so same temp, humidity, lighting....). All this to end up having the Ts making two completely different nests and at different locations in their enclosures. I guess, even from the same species, you can have completely different individuals, a little bit like us after all ;)

arachbiodude

Mine. They web the coir together. P. regalis.

Attachments

• abuhome2.jpg
    abuhome2.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 12
  • pokiedown.jpg
    pokiedown.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 10