• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stories Wanted

swns

Do you have an amazing, inspirational, or tragic tarantula story? Would you like to raise awareness, help people going through a similar situation, or warn others about an issue?

We write for major US and UK publications. We’ll pay you to share your story. Please get in touch by emailing me here: [email protected]

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
giphy (1).gif

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I rescued my T stirmi from a pet store. She's doing just fine & molted which allowed me to confirm her as a female. She eats basically anything.

ArdorAphonopelma

3 Year Member
Do you have an amazing, inspirational, or tragic tarantula story? Would you like to raise awareness, help people going through a similar situation, or warn others about an issue?

We write for major US and UK publications. We’ll pay you to share your story. Please get in touch by emailing me here: [email protected]
Imma keep this short.
I got Nurmi from the whiteplains reptile expo from a breeder/site called jungle joe, my original goal was to get a scorpion, if I can't find a scorpion then I'll get something for my snakes. I found nothing but I had taken $180 with me and I wasn't leaving empty handed so I may or may not have impulse bought my T, her scientific name wasn't written(common name was) on the container(this was later resolved through texting junglejoe). I got lucky with having a young female A.Seemanni for $40, I already have knowledge with inverts and had supplies for her, so I only really had to look up how deep the substrate had to be. Moral of the story is don't impulse buy Ts(or any animal), I was lucky and already had the supplies I needed as well as the knowledge, I also live with my parents and they're the type that they hate spiders but they like animals in general so they weren't gonna make me get rid of it, that would go against the morals of the family, if you bring an animal into the house you can't just get rid of it, you don't know who you're giving them to.

Not everyone is in the same situation be it in knowledge,supplies or having people in the house that has the same morals, Research your T, If you see a species you're interested in then use that cool rectangular item that you use to take photographs and go Here then search your T, imo don't get the T then research it when you get home(see the first sentence of this paragraph), you may have a terrestrial tank but end up with an arboreal T and tank adjustments isn't easy nor is it cheap. Ask the people you live with if it's okay if not then try to compromise, if they still say no then settle for something else, most people will settle for things like house centipedes,true spiders,roaches,beetles or worms, it should also be noted that If the tarantula is small(sling or dwarf) then you're not helping your case, the smaller they are the more the other person will be against it, I've noticed that arboreals are more favorable as they're easier to see/find should they escape. This is just from what I've seen and heard, Don't get a T without taking time to do the research, again I just got lucky.

ps I seen two large G.Pulchra females at the expo but even my brain on an impulse high said no but they were really pretty.

Here's a picture of her butt. took it while she was cleaning herself.
20181114_150323_Film2.jpg

Latest posts