• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Starting to doubt it...

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Has anyone here done business with palp friction? Im starting to have my doubts. All I have heard is good reviews about how great customer service is and they are very responsive. Well I placed a order with them 2 weeks ago and still have yet to get a straight answer. Im aware they had some technical issues last week but I tried to reach out through Facebook messenger and calling and texting the number provided on their website and I just keep getting auto replies telling me not to email them about this same subject. I just feel this is poor communication. I've done business with Fear not, Jamie's and Netbug dozens of times and never felt like I was being ignored like this. Really hoping they will come through and change my mind but so fare im not having the same experience others have so fare.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I bought from them once because of the awesome pricing they had on the specific species I was wanting. Communication was definitely lacking and I had trouble coordinating a shipping day with them because of that.

I wonder if this is their full tome job or in addition to another job.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I bought from them once because of the awesome pricing they had on the specific species I was wanting. Communication was definitely lacking and I had trouble coordinating a shipping day with them because of that.

I wonder if this is their full tome job or in addition to another job.
Thanks for the input, that's exactly what's going on for me. Full time job or not you shouldn't do business on a national level if you're not capable of keeping up with it. Just a bummer because I was really excited about trying them after all the good things I've heard, just my luck I guess lol.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Just heard from them atleast so hopefully I can update this post on a good note when I get my package. I got some great deals so guess as long as everything arrives ok, I should be able to sweep this whole thing under the rug :D

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had no problems with them in the past. They were really quick. I also dont order till late spring because the weather is still messed up in some places. I know that a few weeks ago they were backed up because of the weather delays and mentioned that on their Facebook page I believe.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
They gave me a Phormingochilus everetti as a freebie last time...totally unheard of. Cant say anything bad about them.:D
I haven't heard anything negative about them, that's part of why I got scared, almost seemed to good to be true lol seems like everything is on track now, really looking forward to it, based on unboxing videos I've seen. Packaging looks good and prices are unbeatable compared to the other online stores. Just hoping this was a one time issue cause I really am interested in doing more business with them down the road.

Last edited:

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I actually got my package this morning and im mad at myself for ever doubting them, despite the long wait in communication I finally heard back and less then 24 hours later I have my Ts! Packaging was great and even got E.murinus for free which is odd cuz my big female just died recently and was gonna pick up another here soon, so thats pretty cool I can scratch that off my list again. At any rate, I can take back any doubt I had in them and I will definitely be giving them another try later this spring.
KIMG1738.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It could be weather related. I might try them when I get my next one. Still, it's probably best to wait for the last freezing weather to go away. It was 30 degrees this morning when I left to go home from work (night shift)

Eeriearachnids really likes their products & really had brought them to my attention.

Arachnoscholar

I had the exact same thing happen with my order from them with the communication problem that was there from the initial order. They were having problems with the buisness email both intake and outgoing, and the auto response was an attempt to keep people from assuming wrongfully and flooding it more in an attempt to keep things organized. I had a specific species I was trying to get after a long time, and a price matching situation I couldn't reach them about. But the order came through in a grand fashion. It arrived by the day i had initially wanted, got the ones I ordered with an extra Malaysian earth tiger thrown in wich was awesome surprise for the troubles. I had the holiday weather hold as well, but they gifted me an order deal on shipping for it, and a birthday code on my next order down the road. Packaging has always been good with them, great species and prices (some rather uniquely labledhere and there) and my P-rufilata, O-schioedtei, Therophosa stirmi, and Aphonopelma slings are well worth it. The only time I've ever had any issues always came down to technical outside influence problems that isn't their fault. I would recommend them to any other hobbyists even with those occurances. Not to mention I haven't seen many others successfully pair the seladonias in the U.S. as of yet either so props to them there as well!

Latest posts