• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spodermin's Picture Contest

spodermin

This is an independent contest from the other photo contest(s).

The Purpose:
I am looking to obtain 1-3 pictures of spiders to blow up for my pad.

The Rules:
-only certain species will be accepted*
-the resolution must be extremely high as the image(s) will be blown up to poster size, therefore this contest is more suited to those in the photography hobby rather than 'casuals'
-1-3 winners will be selected based on quality and quantity of submissions
-multiple submissions are welcome, anything can be submitted but some things that will gain/lose you points are as follows

Judging:
-watermarks are highly discouraged, but if you must put one please make it tasteful and very small in the bottom right corner as is standard in any professional piece
-artistic editing is highly discouraged. Refining is fine as long as done properly. Oversaturated images are basically deal breaking
-macro shots are great
-pokie pose is great
-spiders with striking colours only. I'm not interested in bland looking species for the purpose of this contest
-ultra common species such as B. Hamorii or OBT aren't welcome unless listed below

*Species list is loosely limited to*

-p. metallica
-p. rufilata
-p. ornata
-p. subfusca
-c. versicolor
-c. sp. electric blue
-h. devamatha (formerly t. psychedelicus)
-h. maculata
-c. ritae
-m. balfouri
-h. pulchripes
-t. seladonia
-b. simoroxigorum

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
minions-drawing-spiderman-4.gif

nedaK

This is an independent contest from the other photo contest(s).

The Purpose:
I am looking to obtain 1-3 pictures of spiders to blow up for my pad.

The Rules:
-only certain species will be accepted*
-the resolution must be extremely high as the image(s) will be blown up to poster size, therefore this contest is more suited to those in the photography hobby rather than 'casuals'
-1-3 winners will be selected based on quality and quantity of submissions
-multiple submissions are welcome, anything can be submitted but some things that will gain/lose you points are as follows

Judging:
-watermarks are highly discouraged, but if you must put one please make it tasteful and very small in the bottom right corner as is standard in any professional piece
-artistic editing is highly discouraged. Refining is fine as long as done properly. Oversaturated images are basically deal breaking
-macro shots are great
-pokie pose is great
-spiders with striking colours only. I'm not interested in bland looking species for the purpose of this contest
-ultra common species such as B. Hamorii or OBT aren't welcome unless listed below

*Species list is loosely limited to*

-p. metallica
-p. rufilata
-p. ornata
-p. subfusca
-c. versicolor
-c. sp. electric blue
-h. devamatha (formerly t. psychedelicus)
-h. maculata
-c. ritae
-m. balfouri
-h. pulchripes
-t. seladonia
-b. simoroxigorum
Yay I don’t have any of these.