• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spiderworld.eu

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My wife & I ordered some T's from spiderworld.eu a few weeks ago & due to the weather they were not posted until last Monday. The tracking shows them as leaving Poland on Tuesday & then nothing, which as I understand it is normal with Royal Mail who do not bother putting foreign mail into the tracking system.
So it has now been slightly over a week & they have till not arrived. Then tonight my wife spotted a post on a FB group that said these were being held in customs. A claim this individual claims to have got from a forum.
Looking around I can find claims on another board that says delivery has been slowed down, nothing about customs. & spidersworld.eu says.. orders should be delivered, but with a delay. So the customs claim appears to be the usual FB group rubbish, rather than facts.
Anyone else have an order in transit from spidersworld.eu?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre (HWDC) LANGLEY at Slough handles all incoming international packages and at times things can get delayed there but it doesn't mean that there will be a problem. I've had packages of Ts take up to 11 days to arrive, other times they've arrived in 5 but I've never had a DOA yet. spiderworld.eu are great on packing so I wouldn't worry, I'm sure they'll be fine.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just had an email from spidersworld.eu. The package was accepted in the destination country today (Langley HWDC,) So it will hopefully be here tomorrow or Saturday.

edited to add as I wrote the above, it came up on the syetem that it was within the international mail system tonight at 21:15.

E

ExMember

That's a situation I would not want to be in. When ever I get tarantulas shipped I pay out the a** for overnight delivery. Obviously customs is an issue. Glad they made the voyage and heres hoping they make it to their new home safe and sound!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I'm sure they will be completely fine, as that seller will be packing for these sorts of delays. ive heard of T's arriving fine after 9 -12 days and I'm sure people will chime in with even longer. But remembering how much of a nervous wreck I was when my last acquisition got delayed by just 1 day, I don't think it would do my nerves any good either :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They arrived this morning most are fine, but one a 4.5cm Neoholothele incei is motionless. I have put her on a moist tissue & put the container on a heatpad, just to give her the best chance of survival. But no movement yet. And my 0.5cm Cyriocosmus sellatus is definitely dead. That looks like it may have attempted to molt in transit as we have a whole sling & then bits stuck to the tissue. All the others climbed out of their transport vials fine.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
They arrived this morning most are fine, but one a 4.5cm Neoholothele incei is motionless. I have put her on a moist tissue & put the container on a heatpad, just to give her the best chance of survival. But no movement yet. And my 0.5cm Cyriocosmus sellatus is definitely dead. That looks like it may have attempted to molt in transit as we have a whole sling & then bits stuck to the tissue. All the others climbed out of their transport vials fine.

Sorry they didn't all make it as well as the rest. Fingers crossed for your N incei

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The iceni is dead sadly. It was mtionless when it arrived, but I wanted to give it the best possible oppertunity I could, in case it was simply over stressed.
The ones that arrived alive are..
Tliltocatl albopilosum Nicaragua (1cm) I just wanted an extra curly.
Nhandu tripepii Female (6cm)
Nhandu carapoensis (1cm)
Nhandu chromatus (1cm)
Neoholothele incei gold (1.5cm)
Thrixopelma pruriens (1cm)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just had 4 new arrivals from Spiderworld.eu. " of those were replacements for the 2 I lost earlier.

The replacements are..
Cyriocosmus sellatus. 0.5cm.
Neoholothele incei 4.5cm Female.

The new order is..
Phormictopus atrichomatus. 2cm
Phormictopus auratus . 2cm.

I love my Phormictopus cancerides & thought I would get a couple more Phormictopus.

They arrived via UPS at about 6pm. All look to be in excellent condition. They were well packaged & arrived on the planned for date.

Latest posts