• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

spiders waste?

DOS1392

So i know about taking out un eaten prey items. But have never really seen post about what happens after a T does feed. I cant seem to find anything in the enclosure and feel i may be missing something or it might be burying waste? Has any one got any photos of what to look out for? Finished prey items/poop ect?

Thanks

Dan

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So i know about taking out un eaten prey items. But have never really seen post about what happens after a T does feed. I cant seem to find anything in the enclosure and feel i may be missing something or it might be burying waste? Has any one got any photos of what to look out for? Finished prey items/poop ect?

Thanks

Dan
A bolus is usually a ball uneaten parts of the feeder. Poop, best thing I can compare tarantula poop to is bird poop. You'll see it on the sides of the enclosure and in the water dish mainly. Spot cleaning as needed is all that is necessary. Very rarely is a full cleaning ever needed, and by rarely I mean, unless you have an outbreak of some kind, then there is no need to do a full cleaning.

DOS1392

A bolus is usually a ball uneaten parts of the feeder. Poop, best thing I can compare tarantula poop to is bird poop. You'll see it on the sides of the enclosure and in the water dish mainly. Spot cleaning as needed is all that is necessary. Very rarely is a full cleaning ever needed, and by rarely I mean, unless you have an outbreak of some kind, then there is no need to do a full cleaning.
So am i right in thinking that my juvi t.vagans could be rolling his waste up in the substrate? And that thats the reason im over looking it

DOS1392

Also could the ball just inside the cork bark to the left be this bolus?

Attachments

• 20200305_220628.jpg
    20200305_220628.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 23

DOS1392

Thanks. Will they build up a collection then put them out in the open like that or will they do it after every feed per say?