• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spiderlings

John Frost

3 Year Member
I don't think there is a spiderling thread so here's one.

But I also had a question. What are the easiest spiderlings to take care of? Since I've never cared for spiderlings I want one that's relitively easy. (not talking about when it grows up)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have had a geniculata , B Smithi , g rosea , b boehmei , A avicularia , n chromatus all from tiny and all grown up strong and healthy with no problems.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Currently everything you see in my sig line except one B. Vagans and the rosie are under 2 inches that I have grown form 1/3-1/2 inch slings

John Frost

3 Year Member
Anyone know if Green Bottle Blue's are easy as spiderlings? Or are most spiderlings pretty much the same to care for? I've been thinking it over and would love to expand my hobby to spiderlings and thought I might start with a Chaco Golden Knee and a GBB.

John Frost

3 Year Member
Oh haha. That's good! I've been wanting to get a burrower. I also want to get a good arboreal sometime.

John Frost

3 Year Member
Is it highly recommened to use Peat Moss and Vermiculite or can I just use some Eco Earth that I already have? Most people say to use 50/50 Peat Moss and Vermiculite but I'd rather not have to go get some if it's not a neccessity. I didn't know if it was something that spiderlings needed or if I could just treat them like a mature T and throw in some EE.

Tguy

3 Year Member
eco earth is fine alone...keep it moist for slings ..gbb's are(semi arboreal) awesome webbers and hardy and a chaco is another great one you will love them both :)

John Frost

3 Year Member
Mostly looks. I would also like to be able to handle it without much risk of being bit but that's not a huge point for me. I was thinking about a P. Regalis whenever I did decide to get an aboreal but not too sure right now.

Tguy

3 Year Member
Mostly looks. I would also like to be able to handle it without much risk of being bit but that's not a huge point for me. I was thinking about a P. Regalis whenever I did decide to get an aboreal but not too sure right now.
with even the most docile T's there is always a risk of being bit.....you don't wanna handle a pokie ..go with something avicularia and chacos are not arboreal :) they are ground dwellers

John Frost

3 Year Member
That's why I like my Rose, not much risk and even if it did bite it wouldn't be a big deal. If I got a Regalis I wouldn't handle it much but I'll probably handle all my T's I ever get at least once or twice (to get pictures haha). Yeah, I thought Chaco's were terrestrial...from the sound of your post I thought I might have been wrong. The reason I want a Regalis is because it's so pretty. I think it's prettier than a GBB.

John Frost

3 Year Member
I totally understand where you're coming from but I don't mind the risk (as long as it's not an all the time thing). If I get bit then it's a cool story haha. Do you know if spiderling bites are just as potent?

John Frost

3 Year Member
Is that a P. Regalis in your picture? I was just watching a youtube video of one and it looks just like it haha (you haven't ever made a Regalis youtube video have you? lol)