• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

spiderlings

jon b

3 Year Member
Hi all. I have a Mexican red leg and a brazilian salmon pink bird eater however both are not appearing to eat. Are there alternatives to broken up crickets I could try? Thanks

Ghost

3 Year Member
You can try micro crickets or roach nymphs for your slings,I personally prefer the roaches as they don't smell like crickets do,I keep a colony of Turkestan roaches and even my smallest slings take the nymphs without problems....

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Well, if you recently acquired or rehoused them in the past few days, they won't eat. Takes time for them to acclimate (feel secure) in a new environment. Provide a hide, water dish and lightly moist substrate, especially for the B. emilia. Currently no L. parahybana in my care, but they too are Theraphosinae species, so may also want to burrow.
Slings are scavengers, I pre kill all food items for mine. Beheaded crickets or roaches (S. lateralis) are placed near them or just outside the burrow, removed the following day if not eaten. Crush the head of the worm, or cut into pieces roughly 1/2 the slings total body length. [emoji4]
If the rump is as large or larger than the carapace I wouldn't worry too much. Check for signs of pre molt as this could also be the reason for not eating.
Hope this helps.

jon b

3 Year Member
my red leg escaped out of my exo terra tank, only method of escape i could find was possibly a mm gap below the inside of the doors that open outwards and possibly got out through the vents.

i contacted tarantuals bristol where i ordered it from and they offered me a free water bowl and live food so i orderd a v suntiger, however they didnt send the bowl etc even though i emailed them as soon as i placed the order. this spiderling died after a day i am having no luck. i have contacted them but to no avail.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
my red leg escaped out of my exo terra tank, only method of escape i could find was possibly a mm gap below the inside of the doors that open outwards and possibly got out through the vents.

ExoTerras have a sliding cover on the top at the back for cables to go through so make sure you slide them closed.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
hi sorry to here your haveing problems at the minute :(
how big was your red knee sling & what size enclosure did u use ???
as for the sun tiger, what were your temps & hummidty???
how do u have the enclosure set up ???

Latest posts