• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spiderling escaped

mayri

Hey,
I am really new to the hobby and got my second spiderling Pterinopelma sazimai and it escaped overnight... the holes where too huge. Now I am in panic mode...
I searched near the enclosure, got through the entire substrate, looked in dark corners etc. Since it's my room I sleep in I am somewhat afraid it will kick hair near me when I am asleep or other things.

As they can survive for quite long without food or water it should not be a problem to find it again but I am too afraid to sleep now. :rolleyes:
Are the hairs as dangerous when they are small? It's temper is really chill, but I just need someone to take my fear, so I can sleep again.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You should be fine sleeping, I doubt a sling is going to kick hairs at you, specifically in your sleep. P. sazimai are burrowers. There's a good chance it's burrowed itself.

Good luck finding your errant sling and welcome to the forum!

Latest posts