• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spider species?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_4408.PNG

I've had a few of these recently in the heat decide to crawl on me while I'm in bed.

I'm guessing a false widow species? But that's a wild stab in the dark. I don't actually know :D

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Never heard of a sector spider in all honesty.
Which does make me think .. I don't actually know anything about our native species :eek:
I only know a few we have hundreds apparently:) sector spider should have a shape similar to an oak leaf on their backs?
then we've got the false widows(not native- immigrants from the canary islands:p) orb weavers ,jumping spiders ,giant house spiders to name a few:eek:

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I knew we had quite a few but the names always seemed like they were uneducated ones :p. Oh that's a house spider. And there's like 8 different looking species that get called that lol.
My nan used to get a lot of orb weevers in her garden. We're quite cool looking if I remember rightly

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I knew we had quite a few but the names always seemed like they were uneducated ones :p. Oh that's a house spider. And there's like 8 different looking species that get called that lol.
My nan used to get a lot of orb weevers in her garden. We're quite cool looking if I remember rightly
yes I know what you mean there is a species actually just called Giant house spider:p but the orbs get catergorised like cross orb weaver,four spot orb weaver and common orb weaver lol:D
if you wanna get latin in the mix the sector spider is Zygiella x-notata:p don't know the rest lol

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I’m good at identifying spiders still though, and I can tell you it is in fact a sector spider, but I’m not sure that it is the species @ilovebrachys said, no offense to you ilovebrachys.
no offence taken @Kaden Alexander :D I thought it is a sector spider but its a guess probably lots of them out there I'm sure I'm wrong lol-you know far more about true spiders than me!:D

Latest posts