• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spider Showcase, The President's Club

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
JUST WANT ALL TO TO KNOW THAT BILL TURNED OUT TO BE A "WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING"...A PROVEN SCAMMER...I'M THE PROOF AND, I GUESS, THE WARNING TO ALL OF YOU...JUST TELLING YOU THIS JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ ALL OF THIS POST...LOL

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of Bill who runs this site? I placed an order, which is already paid for, and haven't heard from him since March 9th...I can't seem to reach him either by email or phone...Any info would be appreciated...I'm just hoping that he is not ill, or worse...He seems like a really nice guy, and for a while there he was emailing me re: my purchase...Also, I realize it's been much too cold for him to mail my order...Just worried about him that's all...Thanks

Last edited:

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bill from Spider Showcase? He's been found out to be a known Scammer, or at least affiliated with one. There are a lot of very disappointed people in regards to him.
There's a 500+ post thread on FB about his scams, and bad business practices. Facebook: Feedback and inquiries for arachnids.

The Presidents Book

3 Year Member
Hi --- Please contact me at the following e-mail address, [email protected]

I have been having trouble with our e-mail server 1and1 - please use this e-mail address.....Also I'm sure I've provided you my phone number, please give me a call to discuss your business with us.

If your who I think, I don't have your e-mail address because I can't get into my e-mail, we do create a customer file with each order but I don't believe you provided us a phone number as we don't have the information in your profile for the order that's pending. There is only one pending order that I can think of and I've wanted to get in touch with you but haven't had anything besides your address to go by since I can't access my company e-mail right now.

If you message me here I'll private message you my phone number so you can call me also. Weather is improving here and if this is the order I think, one of the items of your order that was in premolt, still hasn't molted but I'm looking forward to moving forward with things regardless.

Thank You

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
Hi --- Please contact me at the following e-mail address, [email protected]

I have been having trouble with our e-mail server 1and1 - please use this e-mail address.....Also I'm sure I've provided you my phone number, please give me a call to discuss your business with us.

If your who I think, I don't have your e-mail address because I can't get into my e-mail, we do create a customer file with each order but I don't believe you provided us a phone number as we don't have the information in your profile for the order that's pending. There is only one pending order that I can think of and I've wanted to get in touch with you but haven't had anything besides your address to go by since I can't access my company e-mail right now.

If you message me here I'll private message you my phone number so you can call me also. Weather is improving here and if this is the order I think, one of the items of your order that was in premolt, still hasn't molted but I'm looking forward to moving forward with things regardless.

Thank You

I knew something had to be wrong as I had so many emails from you until the last few weeks...I thought your friend had died or that you had been in an accident due to the snow storms up there...So happy to hear all is well...

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
Bill from Spider Showcase? He's been found out to be a known Scammer, or at least affiliated with one. There are a lot of very disappointed people in regards to him.
There's a 500+ post thread on FB about his scams, and bad business practices. Facebook: Feedback and inquiries for arachnids.

I'm 72 and do not do facebook...If he were PROVED to be a scammer, then why is he able to advertise on this site?...So far, he has treated me very nice and been up front with the conditions re: my order, either with the T's and/or with the shipping conditions...Thanks for your concern...Tricia

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm 72 and do not do facebook...If he were PROVED to be a scammer, then why is he able to advertise on this site?...So far, he has treated me very nice and been up front with the conditions re: my order, either with the T's and/or with the shipping conditions...Thanks for your concern...Tricia

we didn't know he was spider showcase until you posted this. He goes by BillSpidershowcase, and Abboreal elsewhere. as far as I know this is the only place he goes as the presidents book.
I hope he makes right by you. But you unfortunately are among many many members who have been waiting for your order for far too long.

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
we didn't know he was spider showcase until you posted this. He goes by BillSpidershowcase, and Abboreal elsewhere. as far as I know this is the only place he goes as the presidents book.
I hope he makes right by you. But you unfortunately are among many many members who have been waiting for your order for far too long.

Well, sad to say, all you people just might be right...Bill hasn't contacted me since what he posted on the forum above, (My doesn't he sound nice?) although I have called him at least six times on two numbers that he gave me, and left messages, asking for my refund, with no response...I used to ask just for my shipment of T's, but, sadly, I gave up on those...Also, I have emailed his new addy The President's Book several times with no response, although he replied to my first one, so I know it works...I'm so very frustrated...I'm beginning to believe he doesn't even have any of the T's he advertises under Spider Showcase, as I believe he has been giving me the run a round from the get go...I was new here the same month as he came on in Oct. , so how was I to know that he was any less reputable than any one else...I sent him a Money Order for $260 the first week of February for Ts and shipping...It's now April...I'm 72 and on a fixed income, so it takes me forever to save up that much!...And, worst of all, I have to suffer through this all by myself as my hubby as warned me before not to send M.O. to people, although everyone else has proved to be an honest person...Hubby would rather pay by Paypal or check...Well, he thinks tarantulas cost $20 like my first one that he bought for me...A Rosea, so I sort of tried to keep T's prices between me and the seller, if you know what I mean...Well, my mistake, and it sure looks like I'm going to have to pay for being so trusting and stupid and not listening to my hubby of 52 yrs...I'm still hoping that Bill comes through and that there are good reasons for his not replying, like an earthquake, hurricane, tornado, or flood, etc.,Thanks for listening...I just felt I should warn others to beware just in case what I'm saying is true...Tricia

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
Well, sad to say, all you people just might be right...Bill hasn't contacted me since what he posted on the forum above, (My doesn't he sound nice?) although I have called him at least six times on two numbers that he gave me, and left messages, asking for my refund, with no response...I used to ask just for my shipment of T's, but, sadly, I gave up on those...Also, I have emailed his new addy The President's Book several times with no response, although he replied to my first one, so I know it works...I'm so very frustrated...I'm beginning to believe he doesn't even have any of the T's he advertises under Spider Showcase, as I believe he has been giving me the run a round from the get go...I was new here the same month as he came on in Oct. , so how was I to know that he was any less reputable than any one else...I sent him a Money Order for $260 the first week of February for Ts and shipping...It's now April...I'm 72 and on a fixed income, so it takes me forever to save up that much!...And, worst of all, I have to suffer through this all by myself as my hubby as warned me before not to send M.O. to people, although everyone else has proved to be an honest person...Hubby would rather pay by Paypal or check...Well, he thinks tarantulas cost $20 like my first one that he bought for me...A Rosea, so I sort of tried to keep T's prices between me and the seller, if you know what I mean...Well, my mistake, and it sure looks like I'm going to have to pay for being so trusting and stupid and not listening to my hubby of 52 yrs...I'm still hoping that Bill comes through and that there are good reasons for his not replying, like an earthquake, hurricane, tornado, or flood, etc.,Thanks for listening...I just felt I should warn others to beware just in case what I'm saying is true...Tricia

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear that Tricia. Please don't let one bad egg spoil the entire hobby for you, like with any hobby, we have our share of bad guys, but we have plenty of good guys as well...

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
I'm extremely happy to report that Bill of The President's Club called a while ago and said that my shipment has been over-nighted, so I should get my T's tomorrow or Saturday...He did apologize for the inordinate delay and for the stress he may have caused me...Tricia

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear that Tricia. Please don't let one bad egg spoil the entire hobby for you, like with any hobby, we have our share of bad guys, but we have plenty of good guys as well...

Good guys: Jamie's Tarantulas (I can personally say was very professional) Also I hear Swifts Inverts and PetCenterUSA...although I cannot personally say. I CAN personally say what I said about Ken though. I can say A LOT about him. But I think that's enough...

@Nada Definitely knows what he is talking about. :) :T:

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
YOU ALL WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO CATCH ON...I'VE NEVER BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCAMMER BEFORE, SO I WAS UNAWARE HOW THEY WORK...EMAIL ME, AND I'LL SEND YOU SOME OF HIS "SMOOTH TALKING" EMAILS...Yes, I did receive a "partial order" with wonderful promises that he would be sending out most of what I really ordered in the next two weeks...Most of what he sent me were freebee slings...Well, I haven't heard from from Bill since then, and spent these two weeks again looking for T's, only to be disappointed...I'm just sick of it...He won't send me a refund as I have requested several times, so I am unable to but what I wanted from another dealer...And, I checked and he's still advertising on here...Something needs to be done...Sorry that I wrote what a great guy he was earlier...He really had me convinced...Wrote two emails of which, when I read them, I actually got tears in my eyes...This guy has really affected me emotionally, and I've had an upset stomach over this...He sure is a slick talker, and excuse maker...Would you believe that I've been waiting since Feb. 5th for my Pink Zebra to molt ( that he even sent me pics of and which I already paid for) Four of my large T's have molted since then!...OH Well...Just wanted to send out the Warning to one and all...

da, post: 25267, member: 361"]I'm sorry to hear that Tricia. Please don't let one bad egg spoil the entire hobby for you, like with any hobby, we have our share of bad guys, but we have plenty of good guys as well...[/QUOTE]

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Uhg... I'm so sorry this happened to you. Nobody deserves that. There's a special place in hell for people who take advantage of trusting and innocent people. Like Nada said, try to not let it affect how you view the hobby. There are tons of other dealers who want nothing more than to have an honest transaction with you and for you to receive your Ts and be happy with them.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
YOU ALL WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO CATCH ON...I'VE NEVER BEEN THE VICTIM OF A SCAMMER BEFORE, SO I WAS UNAWARE HOW THEY WORK...EMAIL ME, AND I'LL SEND YOU SOME OF HIS "SMOOTH TALKING" EMAILS...Yes, I did receive a "partial order" with wonderful promises that he would be sending out most of what I really ordered in the next two weeks...Most of what he sent me were freebee slings...Well, I haven't heard from from Bill since then, and spent these two weeks again looking for T's, only to be disappointed...I'm just sick of it...He won't send me a refund as I have requested several times, so I am unable to but what I wanted from another dealer...And, I checked and he's still advertising on here...Something needs to be done...Sorry that I wrote what a great guy he was earlier...He really had me convinced...Wrote two emails of which, when I read them, I actually got tears in my eyes...This guy has really affected me emotionally, and I've had an upset stomach over this...He sure is a slick talker, and excuse maker...Would you believe that I've been waiting since Feb. 5th for my Pink Zebra to molt ( that he even sent me pics of and which I already paid for) Four of my large T's have molted since then!...OH Well...Just wanted to send out the Warning to one and all...

da, post: 25267, member: 361"]I'm sorry to hear that Tricia. Please don't let one bad egg spoil the entire hobby for you, like with any hobby, we have our share of bad guys, but we have plenty of good guys as well...
[/QUOTE]

Could you send me the link of he's advertisement ? I will take this up with Josh, maybe something could be done about this since he's advertising on this forum.

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member

Could you send me the link of he's advertisement ? I will take this up with Josh, maybe something could be done about this since he's advertising on this forum.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that, Martin...Thanks much...However, I already notified Josh, so he's aware of everything...I just don't want anyone else to go through all the disapointments that I have experienced during these last three months, aside from the fact that I lost my money which I sent as a M. O...Same as cash...No proof!...I'm just too trusting...Oh well, a lesson learned is indeed valuable...If I ever save up enough, I think I'll just go to the local pet shop, but, the thing is, from what I've found, they just don't have the good ones!!!...I love the pokies!!!...Thanks for listening...Tricia

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Could you send me the link of he's advertisement ? I will take this up with Josh, maybe something could be done about this since he's advertising on this forum.

I appreciate that, Martin...Thanks much...However, I already notified Josh, so he's aware of everything...I just don't want anyone else to go through all the disapointments that I have experienced during these last three months, aside from the fact that I lost my money which I sent as a M. O...Same as cash...No proof!...I'm just too trusting...Oh well, a lesson learned is indeed valuable...If I ever save up enough, I think I'll just go to the local pet shop, but, the thing is, from what I've found, they just don't have the good ones!!!...I love the pokies!!!...Thanks for listening...Tricia[/QUOTE]

Hello
Well at least you posted it here,if he's guilty of this I feel sorry for him. If you can look people straight in the eye and deceive them,you are of lower class to say the least. Scamming,lying or telling tall tales are all the same. You have no respect for other people and see them as not important only means to an end,sad to think such people prosper or at least are able to live with themselves. They tend to enjoy hurting others, its an image or self worth issue. Anyway, hope all gets resolved.

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
Yes...They arrived yesterday morning...I had a great time opening the vials and getting them settled...Bill is a great business man and I would recommend The President's Book to anyone...After hearing his explanations, believe me, ALL IS WELL with him and with me...He is an honest man, and one of good heart, and I feel badly that I was tossing around any different conclusion than that...He has a great T list going presently, but has had to hold off orders for now due to his extremely busy schedule...I was just fortunate that he even fit me in...Thanks for all your concern, but there is absolutely no need to worry...Tricia

WOW!...Did Bill have me fooled!!!...He has proved to be completely OPPOSITE of everything I said in the ABOVE POST...I knew when I said that "he was a man of good heart", that that was quite stupid of me as ONLY God knows that...I sensed when I said it that that was not proper for me to say, and now I am really eating crow...

Anyway, Bill promised me everything after I posted on here, when he said to contact him...Even offered to send me more freebees than agreed upon, plus because he never sent my birthday T's from my husband on 3/17/14, that he would give me that particular order FREE...You know, I thought..."OK, Bill, I'll let you do that" only because, at 72, I like to see if people keep their word...However, God knows, I had every intention of paying for it...He seemed like such a nice man at the time, that I would definately have had my husband pay the $125 for that order just to surprise someone with something they're not expecting, and make their day...I get joy out of things like that...Well, anyway...

Amazing how things change...I believe Bill is blocking my emails now as I haven't heard from him in weeks...He refuses to send the T's I ordered and have every right to receive, and also refuses to refund my money...All his emails that sounded so nice were nothing but nonsense filled with nothing but excuses, promises and lies...He led me on for almost four months...I really hate to say anything against anyone, but this is how he has treated me, and I guess I will never hear from him again...I'm out my money and my Ts...Three weeks out of these four months, he had me looking for T's which he promised were being sent, but never were...I have been so upset over this, I just can't tell you...It's like waiting for Xmas and getting nothing...Thankfully, he has been removed as a seller from this site, so that he cannot hurt anyone else...

Latest posts