• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Species Identification?

Mariskay86

3 Year Member
I think this is a Lasiodora Parahybana female, but am not 100%. She is a rescue I got yesterday and the previous owner said she was a Rose hair which she is not.

Attachments

• 20171013_190036.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
A. seemanni are easy to ID they have pink/peach colored undercarriage and spinnerets. and a lighter carapace. Yours doesn't appear to be A. seemanni from the pic posted. you can just see the pink spinnerets in the photo.
A. seemanni 8.jpg

Here is a better pic of my A. seemanni bcf
A. seemanni bcf 10.jpg

Last edited:

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Acanthoscurria juruenicola maybe? or Lasiodorides polycuspulatus? lots of possibilities wait for a fresh molt for better reference.

Last edited:

Mariskay86

3 Year Member
Thank so much for all the info. I will post a pic whenever she molts again. She's a rescue so I have no idea when the last time she molted.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks like Acanthoscuria to me. All I have is two geniculata though, and its not a genic. I would study Acanthoscuria species. I've seen that one before somewhere..