• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sp. Hatihati

Chingz

3 Year Member
This is my local species: Sp. Hatihati.
So glad to see this young one as usually it hides away in the bark.
Its still a small one rite?
Less than 5cm I think. I really like arboreal's front legs. Lolz.
And I have ventral view as well.
IMG-20180609-WA0014.jpg
20180609_210857.jpg

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I looked up the species after I saw your post. Very attractive species as an adult. How lucky to have them occurring locally!

Thanks for sharing this one.

Chingz

3 Year Member
I looked up the species after I saw your post. Very attractive species as an adult. How lucky to have them occurring locally!

Thanks for sharing this one.

This one will have bright carapache as an adult. I can't hardly wait..
And I would like to recommend you to look for another of my local sp: C. sp. sumatran tiger. And also P. sp. rufus.
I want them to be more popular too as they are also have attractive and amazing colorations. Hahah

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is my local species: Sp. Hatihati.
So glad to see this young one as usually it hides away in the bark.
Its still a small one rite?
Less than 5cm I think. I really like arboreal's front legs. Lolz.
And I have ventral view as well. View attachment 30373 View attachment 30375
Nice! I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that there are no tarantulas native to my area!

P.S. When taking photos through glass, acrylic etc take them on an angle so that you don't get the reflection of the flash, a bit of practice and you'll work out the right angle. Sometimes I just work it so that the flash spot is near the edge of the photo and can be cropped out without spoiling the picture. Nice tarantula though! :)

Chingz

3 Year Member
Nice! I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that there are no tarantulas native to my area!

P.S. When taking photos through glass, acrylic etc take them on an angle so that you don't get the reflection of the flash, a bit of practice and you'll work out the right angle. Sometimes I just work it so that the flash spot is near the edge of the photo and can be cropped out without spoiling the picture. Nice tarantula though! :)

Aww... Thank you so much for the suggestionnn... It was because I don't have another flashlight. Lol. I usually don't use a cellphone with flash because thats what'll happen. But I will find another angles to do better. I hope I can find the best angles with my meager cell camera. Lolz... XD XD XD
Indeed, Asia always have the best animals (lololollol).... Nah just joke.
Its just because we never explore it like wespern people do. So its always late to be found.
Check out this species: P. sp. akcaya. Newly found last year. Lol

Chingz

3 Year Member
Excellent! Fantastic spp. to have locally. Do you ever just observe them in the wild?

Thankyouu!!
Personally no. I cannot travel in the woods to find them. Don't have the proper equipments and far from my island. Lols.
But the sp. hatihati have been bred in captivities while newer sp like the sp. Akcaya still mostly wild caught and captive hatched as they are still newly found.
So my hatihati sling is from a captive breed.