• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sorry I've been gone for so long

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
Hey you guys sorry I haven't been up here I'm in college so I have classes and lots and lots of homework lol! But I wanted advice on continuing my hobby and I want to become more experienced so I was wondering if the baboon species was the way to go they are very pretty and I love their webbing and also what is a good burrowing tarantula I actually love pet holes lol and I think the burrows they build are so intriguing

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey you guys sorry I haven't been up here I'm in college so I have classes and lots and lots of homework lol! But I wanted advice on continuing my hobby and I want to become more experienced so I was wondering if the baboon species was the way to go they are very pretty and I love their webbing and also what is a good burrowing tarantula I actually love pet holes lol and I think the burrows they build are so intriguing
To start, what do you have currently?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a G. Pulchripes, Avicularia Urticans, P. Metallica and a P. Regalis
Ah, ok now I can make recommendations:

Harpactira Sp.
Ceratogyrus Sp.
Eucratoscelus pachypus

Here are what I am raising:

Harpactira dictator (x2) (both fresh off being mated)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Eucratoscelus pachypus female

image.jpeg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Omg they are soooooo beautiful I want them lol how much does this species usually sell for?
It varies from seller to seller. I paid I think $300 for all three. It is very hard to come by E. pachypus slings and males for that matter. H. dictator are uncommon in any stage. @Austin S. would know more on the subject of pricing. As far as other Harpactira Sp. I can't say, again @Austin S. would know more. All I know H. pulchripes are expensive as slings. Ceratogyrus Sp. don't seem too expensive, I think I've seen C. darlingi slings for $30 or less

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
It varies from seller to seller. I paid I think $300 for all three. It is very hard to come by E. pachypus slings and males for that matter. H. dictator are uncommon in any stage. @Austin S. would know more on the subject of pricing. As far as other Harpactira Sp. I can't say, again @Austin S. would know more. All I know H. pulchripes are expensive as slings. Ceratogyrus Sp. don't seem too expensive, I think I've seen C. darlingi slings for $30 or less
Oh ok thank you very much I will inquire about these T' s to the person you suggested maybe one day we can do a breeding project together

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh ok thank you very much I will inquire about these T' s to the person you suggested maybe one day we can do a breeding project together
He has a few for sale ads in the classifieds, Here is one of them:

https://tarantulaforum.com/threads/updated-list-pairs-females-slings-wholesale.21598/#post-126111

Here is his review thread, only four right now, if you are familiar with ab, he has multiple pages worth of reviews:

https://tarantulaforum.com/threads/austin-s.10235/

I don't think he has anymore specimens similar to the three I pictured, the price estimates I made were based off of dealer sites (like swiftsinverts, jamiestarantulas, netbug, etc.... And other ads from other members of this forum and ab.

Last edited:

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
He has a few for sale ads in the classifieds, Here is one of them:

Here is his review thread, only four right now, if you are familiar with ab, he has multiple pages worth of reviews:

https://tarantulaforum.com/threads/austin-s.10235/
Question, have you ever ordered T' s from backwater reptiles because they have a male P. Regalia that I need so I can breed my femAle and I wanted to know if anybody ordered from them before I do because I don't want to be ripped off because it has happen to me before and I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so if you haven't ordered from them but you know somebody who has please let me know

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Question, have you ever ordered T' s from backwater reptiles because they have a male P. Regalia that I need so I can breed my femAle and I wanted to know if anybody ordered from them before I do because I don't want to be ripped off because it has happen to me before and I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so if you haven't ordered from them but you know somebody who has please let me know
NOOO!!!!!!! They are the worst place to even consider ordering from. I have never ordered from them nor will I. I'd sooner give my money to the GOP, before I would backwater (AKA slackwater reptiles), the reviews they have were supposedly written by the owner to draw in people, who don't know any better. They are drop shippers from what I hear, in other words they do not have the actual animal that they are advertising, they have shipped dead and dying animals, wrong genders, mature males as unsexed, wrong species, let's see what else have they done.....hmmmm, when asking for a refund they all of a sudden go mia. Drop me a PM and I will send you some links to reliable sites.

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
NOOO!!!!!!! They are the worst place to even consider ordering from. I have never ordered from them nor will I. I'd sooner give my money to the GOP, before I would backwater (AKA slackwater reptiles), the reviews they have were supposedly written by the owner to draw in people, who don't know any better. They are drop shippers from what I hear, in other words they do not have the actual animal that they are advertising, they have shipped dead and dying animals, wrong genders, mature males as unsexed, wrong species, let's see what else have they done.....hmmmm, when asking for a refund they all of a sudden go mia. Drop me a PM and I will send you some links to reliable sites.
How do I send a PM?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How do I send a PM?
Click on a members name, a box will appear showing the members details (post count etc...), it will give options to follow, unfollow (you are following me I believe), start conversation (this is the one you want), etc...