• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Something I done has gone along way

Mr.T

IMG_20190629_083956.jpg
IMG_20190629_084006.jpg
Hi guy I'm new here and this is my second post,
I have a great little arboreal setup for my avicularia and after the move and introducing it into my house she's been a bit skittish always covering her eyes she's healthy and eating and after reading some of the stuff on here it's just stress and every now and then I see you walking around the tank and chilling, she took refuge at the top of the cork bark in the top back left hand corner so to help her out and give her some privacy I have adapted the side of the tank it seems to have settled down massively let me know what you guys think.

As you can see in the picture I have covered the area she likes to call home I did this by using an old black DVD case cut it down to size stuck on magnet on the outside of the tank and a magnet to the DVD case and it just goes on and off as I choose and it gives a bit more privacy in a little hang up but the rest of the tank is Lit viewable.

Thank you and all the best Tom

Tnoob

I do something similar with mine. Normally I just face them twords the wall. That way they have hiding space. My OBT is pretty bold, but my H Mac is very skittish. He should be visible soon.

Tnoob

My T is starting to become more brave last night she he or it came out and was sat on the cork bark full stretch looking beautiful :)
Awesome! Yeah they definitely appear to get bold when they are happy with their enclosure.