• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Someone with Breeding Experience Please!!

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
I had posted about Chilean rose communication earlier. Iam interested in breeding these two but I want to speak with someone who has experience first. My biggest concern is caring for and rehoming the babies! ANy advice would be great. Thanks

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Care isn't difficult, although it can be time consuming. Selling/giving them away might be difficult.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ok I know that flightless fruit flies are a good 1st food. They sell them at petco, but only in limited amounts. I will research more before deciding to breed tho. I want to have a place lined up for babies before I attempt it. Any other advice u can give would be great. Thanks :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have never fed fruit flies to anything but dwarves. 2nd instar rosies should have no problem with pinhead crickets or even 1 weeks.
My advice. 300+ slings is a lot of slings. make sure you're well prepared.

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Yes that's why I am researching as much as possible. We currently live with family and my tarantulas are confined to my bedroom as my dad has major arachnophobia LOL I am not sure I have the space. But I am sure my female will be around a while and I can always get another male Rosey. I just want to see what other peoples views are LOL

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
believe it or not they don't take all that much room. You just need the portion cups ready, and separating them is very time consuming. I'll probably spend a good part of Saturday separating OBTs ... not looking forward to it. lol

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
O wow ok! I love OBTs My husband really wants one. I know they are aggressive and are old world. How bad would a bite be from one? I have been thinking of purchasing one for him but was concerned about the bite issue. However I do not handle my Ts due to stress. He also likes the panama blonde as well.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have both the panama blonde and OBT available for sale :D

OBT have a medically significant bite, It's very painful, and may result in a hospital visit. however, if you respect the animla and don't put your hands in its enclosure you shouldn't have any problems. They won't go after you they'll just let you know that they want to be left alone.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I will ship anywhere in the US 2nd instar OBT are $5 each 1"+ Blondes are $15 each + shipping
PM me for further info on sales.

Andrevdw

3 Year Member
I would breed them given you would get them sold. Here in south africa the market is getting flooded with common Ts. If you have enough containers or can get enough to separate all the slings in and you have time, I would do it. It is an experience. As Kenny said separating them takes time. Also what I think consumes just as much time is feeding all 300-700 slings a week or 2 later. If you are fine with all this then do it. You got nothing to loose(except a male if you arent careful enough... lol)

Latest posts