• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some P Striata sling pics

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here is Patricia hanging out in various locations in the enclosure. Although the top left rear corner is a favorite place, there's no telling where she can pop up next. So far, no web.
P Striata cricket 1.jpg
P Striata cricket 3.jpg
P Striata Patricia revealed 1.jpg
P Striata cricket 2.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
P Striata cage 4.jpg
Update:

She's made a web....in the upper rear corner. It turns out that I can still open the top just enough to get a feeder in but only if I block the resulting gap with a finger.

Let's see. What could possibly go wrong!!

The good news is that I have some stab proof gloves that I have for my armed security job.

If they are needle resistant, they SHOULD be bite resistant. I assume that even a sling can ruin your week.

The good news is that she really doesn't want to move even 1/8th of an inch from the web, but I'm not going to get tricked like that!!

I managed to get a small cricket into the enclosure. She's already eaten one so I'm sure she can nail this one as well once she detects it's presence.

One thing for sure, this T marches to the beat of its own drummer and is so calm that she ignores the usual tactics used to nudge a spider along so you can work in the cage!!

It'll be... interesting....once she's fully or even half way grown. At least this gives me some time to devise a rehousing strategy. The current enclosure ought to work until she's about 3 or 4 inches.

(Unsexed but wishful thinking applies)

She's supposed to web between the 2 pieces of wood inside of the enclosure. I have an idea for incentives to web, but I won't go there unless it works.

The pic was taken before the web, but you can see the offending corner clearly by the top.

Aaaaarrrrgh!!

Last edited:

Latest posts