• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some of my critters

Listershat

3 Year Member
My A. Seemanni. Always has been my favourite species.
A.Seemanni(1)7612.JPG

Listershat

3 Year Member
Great looking spiders. I love skeletons, but I've never seen a mellow one lol
Ta, you see some people handling them on youtube, dunno if that'll happen any time soon. When I rehoused mine recently I just couldn't keep track of it, went in a cup nicely to move it, was on my hand before I knew it, then just gone. Ha, was back in it's old tub looking a tad p**sed off. The thing is lightning.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ta, you see some people handling them on youtube, dunno if that'll happen any time soon. When I rehoused mine recently I just couldn't keep track of it, went in a cup nicely to move it, was on my hand before I knew it, then just gone. Ha, was back in it's old tub looking a tad p**sed off. The thing is lightning.

Anything can be handled.. doesn't mean they should be lol

Listershat

3 Year Member
Thanks, I don't handle T's anymore really, (try not to). I used to handle an old Rose, it was really mellow but it moulted into a male & after that it didn't want to know.
I'll put a couple more pics up for now, but my camera phone's no good for little T's. Have to get myself a camera soon.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My 2 inch Red Knee, (see what I mean about photos of small ones).View attachment 486
Wow you have some really beautiful ts I had an a seemani years ago she was lovely. She spent most of her life re arranging her enclosure. Very house proud she was, always dragging her water bowl and her hide around and moving the substrate.

Listershat

3 Year Member
I had a young G. Pulchra that did the same, apparently they're famous for it.
99.999% sure it's a mature female, got it as it is from a pet shop. they new nothing about it, shed once in two and a half years, not going to get any bigger. I'm looking after a known mature female too, who's around twenty, same size and build so pretty sure.

Listershat

3 Year Member
Cheers, I really want a B. Boehmei like your Mavis - could possibly be my next purchase. Had a tiny blue fluffball Versicolor, but unfortunately that didn't live long.

thistle77

3 Year Member
Cheers, I really want a B. Boehmei like your Mavis - could possibly be my next purchase. Had a tiny blue fluffball Versicolor, but unfortunately that didn't live long.

Go on, get 1, you know you want to. ;-)

There's a few places online selling them at the moment. Martin Goss and Metamorphosis have some B.boehmei spiderlings and Bugzuk has some larger 1's...... I should really stay off of these sites, I keep seeing more T's I want.

I've had my versi for a few months and so far (touch wood) she seems to be doing fine and is eating, pooing and has moulted without any problems, but I know that versi slings don't have a great survival rate, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Listershat

3 Year Member
I do want one, trust me :). Buying about one, (or two - the B. Vagans was only £3) a month nowadays - so addictive.
Heard of Martin Goss, haven't used him yet. I usually use The Spider Shop or Virginia Cheeseman. Fangs and Beasts did have some Blue Phase Seemanni's in, but they were gone quick so haven't used them yet either. Would you recommend all the places you mentioned?

thistle77

3 Year Member
I do want one, trust me :). Buying about one, (or two - the B. Vagans was only £3) a month nowadays - so addictive.
Heard of Martin Goss, haven't used him yet. I usually use The Spider Shop or Virginia Cheeseman. Fangs and Beasts did have some Blue Phase Seemanni's in, but they were gone quick so haven't used them yet either. Would you recommend all the places you mentioned?

I've used The Spider Shop, Martin Goss and Metamorphosis without any problems. I haven't tried Bugzuk before but they are pretty well known in the hobby. Another good source is the classifieds on RFUK ( http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/invert-classifieds/ ), that's where I got Agnes, for a fraction of the price of anywhere else. Someone on there even sent me a starter colony of dubia roaches for nothing.

Latest posts