• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bertie88

Thanks to @Phil for recommending this as an alternative forum :) Having had a scan through the site, I’d like to introduce myself and say hey!

Having kept reptiles for many years I finally branched out into the world of tarantulas and more recently, scorpions. Though I kept a secret curly hair as a young teen, my mum point blank refused to any pets other than my small collection of beardies.

Since moving out I bought an Avic Avic, though sold to me as an Avic Metallica lol this 1 T was the beginning of what I never expected to be an amazing, colourful and thrilling journey.

Receiving 5 balfouri’s from @Phil tomorrow as well as a P. Met and P. Victorii. Cannot wait to start observing my first ever communal enclosure!

Do you keep communals?

Thanks all :)

Keeper of around 35 T’s, 8 scorpions, boa’s, BP’s, Panther Chameleon, cat and 2 kids

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks to @Phil for recommending this as an alternative forum :) Having had a scan through the site, I’d like to introduce myself and say hey!

Having kept reptiles for many years I finally branched out into the world of tarantulas and more recently, scorpions. Though I kept a secret curly hair as a young teen, my mum point blank refused to any pets other than my small collection of beardies.

Since moving out I bought an Avic Avic, though sold to me as an Avic Metallica lol this 1 T was the beginning of what I never expected to be an amazing, colourful and thrilling journey.

Receiving 5 balfouri’s from @Phil tomorrow as well as a P. Met and P. Victorii. Cannot wait to start observing my first ever communal enclosure!

Do you keep communals?

Thanks all :)

Keeper of around 35 T’s, 8 scorpions, boa’s, BP’s, Panther Chameleon, cat and 2 kids
we all had a little curly hair as teenagers pal....LOL. Glad to see you on the forum. great back story and I am sure you will enjoy it here. The forum members love to see pictures so please do share your spiders with us. (just saying :))

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Bertie, welcome :).
Not only do we like T pics but some of us love the legless ones too.

Bertie88

Cheers guys!

Here’s a few pics :)

03A6EBA5-E838-4748-9E9F-1882F9774AA3.png

74792739-9455-4250-97BB-78CF5F6D2881.jpeg
D2189987-755C-4832-B85A-6B8997F460F1.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A97A0FE-ECB8-4803-9257-323F1364A76C.png
    0A97A0FE-ECB8-4803-9257-323F1364A76C.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 8

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Cheers guys!

Here’s a few pics :)

I want to guess the species and see how many I get.

First one is B. vagans? My second guess was going to be G. iheringi. Can't tell for sure from your pic.
Second one: P. subfusca? or a young tigrinawesseli? Really guessing on this one.
Third is N. chromatus?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know its messed up, but when I saw a carapace and abdomen just sitting there..I started laughing and could not stop. I'm going straight to hell. Poor Bob..
yes you are....LOL (let's be honest though, we probably all are)

Bertie88

very nice. :)
I want to guess the species and see how many I get.

First one is B. vagans? My second guess was going to be G. iheringi. Can't tell for sure from your pic.
Second one: P. subfusca? or a young tigrinawesseli? Really guessing on this one.
Third is N. chromatus?

Hiya Tom!

First one, correct, B. Vagans. Second is a sub adult P. Miranda and the 3rd, bang on. N. Chromatus (with a locust in it’s mouth :)

Latest posts