• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Smart B. vagans or something else?

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got this Tarantula app and is scheduling the water refill to every four days. Now as I was doing the water refilling schedule last night, I found that the B. vagans water dish was completely dried out.

I don't really understand why this is happening since the Ts water dishes are of varying levels even though these are maintained at the same schedule and are of the same material and size. Some water dishes are full, some are half full, some are empty but a little wet, some are dried out, some are filled with substrate, and I have yet to find one that is turned over although one T, a chaco, always tips its water dish by burrowing at the substrate and pushing the water dish in the hole.

Going back to the vagans, why I think she's smart is that a couple days ago, she was roaming round and round the enclo and webbing up the place. So if I maybe missed to refill her water dish that last maintenance schedule then she is webbing particularly the vent holes like she is trying to retain the humidity or something. By the way, I put her on the app as premolt a couple of weeks ago due to refusing food and is yet to molt.

But what do you guys think? I will upload the photos taken last night later as I am still at work.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here are the photos as promised. ^_^

I hope you see what I meant by webbing, it is not really like that of a GBB or OBT but its there.