• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling P. regalis (new)

Chingz

3 Year Member
20180913_180424.jpg
Bad news first: I lost my juve sp. Hatihati (7 cm).
I forgot to take my enclo back at Sunday's expo and nobody (my regional group) claim to have it/seen it.
So yea, (Y____Y)

Good news:
New addition, P. regalis sling.. A really good deal at 13 US$..
Exactly 5cm. Super fast, it surprises me when I put it inside.
My first Pokie ever.. Wish me luck, guys.
Yea I know the enclo is too small. I have nothing right now. Will hunt for plastic jar tmrw..

Attachments

• 20180913_183412.jpg
    20180913_183412.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd get a nicer enclosure for it. The pokie looks big enough to function in an adult enclosure. Generally, it's always a good idea to open the enclosure from the top, never the sides. They move very fast in a spiral type of pattern. Open it from the sides and your directly in the way.

Go to a pet store and obtain an exoterra nano 8x8x12, or a Terra Blue professional 2 gallon.

For faster ones especially one's first, an enclosure can make or break you. Consider that these aren't really mean spiders, but if you do get bit you're going to have to get a trip to the hospital.

There may be similar ones that work the same way. Both of these can open from the top. The nano opens from both the top and side. With that, use only the top opening and lock both latches once it's fed.

Your old enclosure can completely fit into the new ones, which will make the transfer easier. Remove the old one once the tarantula leaves. There's no rush on that.

Logan D

3 Year Member
I'd get a nicer enclosure for it. The pokie looks big enough to function in an adult enclosure. Generally, it's always a good idea to open the enclosure from the top, never the sides. They move very fast in a spiral type of pattern. Open it from the sides and your directly in the way.

Go to a pet store and obtain an exoterra nano 8x8x12, or a Terra Blue professional 2 gallon.

For faster ones especially one's first, an enclosure can make or break you. Consider that these aren't really mean spiders, but if you do get bit you're going to have to get a trip to the hospital.

There may be similar ones that work the same way. Both of these can open from the top. The nano opens from both the top and side. With that, use only the top opening and lock both latches once it's fed.

Your old enclosure can completely fit into the new ones, which will make the transfer easier. Remove the old one once the tarantula leaves. There's no rush on that.
You ever seen tarantulaguy1976 I personally like his enclosures and always make mine like his

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He does build a cool enclosure. He has also been bitten by pokies at least twice. :)

Having said that, the pokie is sitting in a cage as of now that is to small. An off the shelf enclosure that can be assembled quickly is probably best.

P vittata new cages.jpg
P Striata cage 2.jpg

Here's my 3 pokie cages, Terra Blue professional enclosure, 2 gallon size 4x8x8 in size. So far, they have proven large enough but I might have to upgrade if the leg span gets over 8 inches.

I have since added backing to the P striata enclosure.

Solsurfer

Give it some kind of tube retreat too a little bit bigger in diameter than it's body . Or a flat piece of bark leaned against the side so it can create it's own. It will go straight for the hide instead of possibly teleporting out of the cage.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 32143 Bad news first: I lost my juve sp. Hatihati (7 cm).
I forgot to take my enclo back at Sunday's expo and nobody (my regional group) claim to have it/seen it.
So yea, (Y____Y)

Good news:
New addition, P. regalis sling.. A really good deal at 13 US$..
Exactly 5cm. Super fast, it surprises me when I put it inside.
My first Pokie ever.. Wish me luck, guys.
Yea I know the enclo is too small. I have nothing right now. Will hunt for plastic jar tmrw..
Nice addition, and good luck Chingz! One tip: if you give a poeci a cork tube, they'll make it their home. So if you need to transfer them, it makes it easy, as they will run and stay in it to hide. The downside is, they stay in it. Alot ;)

Chingz

3 Year Member
Hey guys.
Thanks a lot lot lot for the info and news. I just knew it here that they run in a spiral pattern. It did ran away outside of this bigger enclo when I rehoused it. Luckily it stopped directly at the bottom part of the acrylic outside.
Well. This enclo is 15cm in height. Still a front-door one. But my friend gave it to me. So while I try to find a plastic stores who sell like 2 / 3 litre plastic jar, this will have to make it. XD
It started to web a little now.

I was worried now how to feed this fella as it just stays on the top corner. Hahah...

Attachments

• 20180917_192930.jpg
    20180917_192930.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20180917_173637.jpg
    20180917_173637.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20180919_170159.jpg
    20180919_170159.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180917_193030.jpg
    20180917_193030.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

Chingz

3 Year Member

Thankyou so much for the inputs on the behaviour. This is my first pokie and it already surprised me when its bolting from the shipement tube.
It does teleport.....
My experience with OBT was un-useable as she was a lazy bum.
I will find another bigger jar..

Chingz

3 Year Member
Give it some kind of tube retreat too a little bit bigger in diameter than it's body . Or a flat piece of bark leaned against the side so it can create it's own. It will go straight for the hide instead of possibly teleporting out of the cage.
Already put some barks. Hahaha.. It just stuck on one corner. But already webbed a little bit.

Chingz

3 Year Member
Nice addition, and good luck Chingz! One tip: if you give a poeci a cork tube, they'll make it their home. So if you need to transfer them, it makes it easy, as they will run and stay in it to hide. The downside is, they stay in it. Alot ;)
Yes I already transfer it and put some barks. But it stays only in one corner and well, act quite relaxed there.

Chingz

3 Year Member
Can I use this jar? Lol.
23cm to the red lid. The enclo is 15 cm high.

Attachments

• 20180921_230034.jpg
    20180921_230034.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7